2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always good to see the body language experts posting

CD94F8B6-C794-4871-92B4-483ADE9450F9.jpeg

Mindhunter alert.

I would have hoped our fanbase had learned some humility after Iwobi showed us up for the fat know nothing judgemental slugs that we are. When Gordon turns it around there will be a reckoning.
I criticised him and won’t take a word back from when I did for the simple reason not only was he poor but backed out of fifty fifty tackles and even plenty of sixty fourty tackles in his favour, he has improved plenty since then with positive energy and he is now a lot happier n his own performances and so am I but he still doesn’t commit himself fully into those one on one tackles, I just don’t think he’s got in his temperament, but he’s definitely worth his place in the team now.

I never said Sigurdsson was better than Lampard. I said he had a similar style to Lampard!
I called for him to player deeper, and have done for some time. I've felt for some time he shares a lot similarities as a player to Frank Lampard. He was a reasonable mover, quite a fit lad, positionally did well and strikes the ball nicely (perhaps better than Lampard). I'd say Lampard had a better engine and could smell a goal better, but Sigurdsson has better technique.

@Carlito I cant seem to quote your post mate, but what you've highlighted, and what you've claimed I have said are completely different.

I have highlighted an aspect of his game that was better than Lampard, alongside detailing the areas Lampard was superior. Nowhere there have I said Sigurdsson was better than Lampard. And nor would I. Lampard was obviously the better player of the 2, but Sigurdsson had a similar/style profile that we could have utilised.

"He shares similarities to Lampard" is me saying he has a similar style, not that hes better.

@Carlito I cant seem to quote your post mate, but what you've highlighted, and what you've claimed I have said are completely different.

I have highlighted an aspect of his game that was better than Lampard, alongside detailing the areas Lampard was superior. Nowhere there have I said Sigurdsson was better than Lampard. And nor would I. Lampard was obviously the better player of the 2, but Sigurdsson had a similar/style profile that we could have utilised.

"He shares similarities to Lampard" is me saying he has a similar style, not that hes better.
Do you not think it reads as saying that Sigurdsson has more talent, but Lampard worked harder at the physical side of the game?

Do you not think it reads as saying that Sigurdsson has more talent, but Lampard worked harder at the physical side of the game?

No mate.

I read it as Lampard had more talent, I outlined more things he was good at and was de factor using him as the template, but that Sigurdsson had better technique (I.e off dead balls).

To me it's a perfectly reasonable analysis and not in any way saying Sigurdsson was better. If I thought Sigurdsson was better, I would just say Sigurdsson was better.

Feel like I always say the same thing but it's unfair for us to rely on this lad.

We put too much responsibility on him. He's not good enough yet and time will tell whether he will be.

The issue is, a lot of people are thinking hes a 60m player, which hes not, nobody bid that much and whatever was bid it's not his fault it was turned down. If people are angry direct it at the people/person who made that decision.

Hes a young lad, who is doing ok and has improved a lot in 12 months, but 18 months ago wasnt getting a game at Preston.

In fairness Lampard has gone very heavily on this lad, and he will be at least partially judged on that.

The issue is, a lot of people are thinking hes a 60m player, which hes not, nobody bid that much and whatever was bid it's not his fault it was turned down. If people are angry direct it at the people/person who made that decision.

Hes a young lad, who is doing ok and has improved a lot in 12 months, but 18 months ago wasnt getting a game at Preston.

In fairness Lampard has gone very heavily on this lad, and he will be at least partially judged on that.
Bruh, dont make me get the biggest talent in Europe comment out again!

My observations of the lad are that he still has a long way to go and has potential.

But my concerns are that his rise to fame has gone to his head. He seems like the type of character who was probably natural quiet but because of his rise to fame he doesn't really know what to do with himself. He's constantly hugging his team mates and messing around when on camera. He needs to cut that all out and focus on being a professional footballer who wants to improve and become the best he can be.

His performances in home games have been poor to say the least. After the Leeds game I was starting to change my mind on him a bit and felt maybe that bid from Chelsea did have some substance. But since then, I honestly think I would prefer to see Mcneil starting ahead of him and that is really saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.