2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of them drew good saves out of Henderson.

A poorer goalkeeper doesn't save that second one late on when it was going to the bottom corner or, does what Pickford does and spills it.

I don't even think Gordon played great, I just don't know what standard you're all suddenly deciding to set. Things happened, objectively. Not enough things, and they weren't finished off. That's Everton's problem, and it's not just down to Gordon.
The standard really isn't that high, if he were an average player we'd probably have more than 1 point from these 3 games. But he isn't even average so he should be sold for that obscene fee.

Stats are crap, stop looking at them.
I watched the game and had my opinion before I looked at any stats (these aren't exactly deep ffs).

He played okay, still a lot of improvement needed and I'd snap Chelsea's hand off for £50m, which we might well be in line to get.

I just objectively used the numbers to show that stuff happened when he had the ball. That's it.

That's fine, will count them out then.

Six shots, five on target. That's stuff happening, isn't it?
I just can't get behind the places he's shooting from and saying that's good play.

The only shot worth taking was created by a defender leaving a pass woefully short. It isn't a great day.

Cant turn down 45-50m for him. Raw talent but the lad cant shoot.

Would say teh exact same for Damari Gray as well, but with a much lower ceiling.

The young man is 21 and needs time. Not the finished article but getting in the right places, beating players and taking shots on. Needs a goal or an assist for his confidence.

I just can't get behind the places he's shooting from and saying that's good play.

The only shot worth taking was created by a defender leaving a pass woefully short. It isn't a great day.
Again, didn't say it was 'good play'.

Objectively, things happened when he had the ball, that doesn't speak to the quality of shots (I think two were good) or the end product, which we all agree needs to improve.

His miss at the end was poor, lacked composure. I didn't say he was great, you're imagining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.