2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes a finish away from exploding in my opinion.

Also reckon if Guardiola got his hands on him and made him into a Sterling type forward player, him being able to strike a ball won't make a difference if he's always 2 yards out on the far post.
Sterling was getting into some of those positions before he left the RS. Gordon has shown very little ability to do so thus far.

It's true that he was just about alright when you consider the trash that surrounds him in the team, but there really is no excuse to shoot the football like a little fanny.

If he put a bit of power into his shots at least the goalkeeper might be forced to parry it back out, when ultimately it'll lead to nothing anyway as we have nobody will the instinct to get into goalscoring positions.

Anyway in an ideal world we'd keep him and add two more attacking players to the starting XI, but never happening.

If Chelsea want him, anything north of £30m would be fantastic. Seeing as they've had a bid of around £40m turned down, we need to be on our knees begging then to reinstate their offer and accept it immediately.

Why would we beg Chelsea to pay 40m, when they have already offered 45m?
I'm really glad some of our fans are conducting negotiations.

It's true that he was just about alright when you consider the trash that surrounds him in the team, but there really is no excuse to shoot the football like a little fanny.

If he put a bit of power into his shots at least the goalkeeper might be forced to parry it back out, when ultimately it'll lead to nothing anyway as we have nobody with the instinct to get into goalscoring positions.

Anyway in an ideal world we'd keep him and add two more attacking players to the starting XI, but never happening.

If Chelsea want him, anything north of £30m would be fantastic. Seeing as they've had a bid of around £40m turned down, we need to be on our knees begging then to reinstate their offer and accept it immediately.
If a shot forces a GK into a save, that then goes out for a corner, it's a good thing.

I can't be arsed getting into some deep dive about shot power.

Stuff happened when he had the ball, objectively speaking. That came from me watching the game and then, to back it up, I checked some very basic match statistics. There'll be much deeper ones on xG and all that jazz.

We do not need to beg anything. We have set a valuation, Chelsea need to match it. If they do he's gone.

Plenty are.

I said it had power... didn't say anything about placement. Still drew a decent save that led to a corner, from which I believe we had the chance with Coady.

Criticising a first team player’s performances is not hating on them, this exact thing happened with Barkley, fans got very precious whenever anyone critically analysed his performances to the same standard as the other first teamers. Wanted to treat him with kid gloves all the time. Gordon needs to start delivering, especially if he’s starting to believe his own hype after the reported Chelsea interest.

Was criminal how much he lost the ball today, it was also criminal how little he creates for an “attacking” outlet
The same applies for all of our attackers, that's the issue.

The best chances all game, to his credit, came from Gray, but one was a set-piece and the other that slug Rondon failed to get anywhere near.

The same applies for all of our attackers, that's the issue.

The best chances all game, to his credit, came from Gray, but one was a set-piece and the other that slug Rondon failed to get anywhere near.
Yes, I agree I’d sell them all

Gordon Gray and McNeil won’t get 15 between them or have 15 assists

They are all criminally bad footballers and I’d happily see them all gone

Because they just realised he's never a £45m player in the last few hours.

I doubt recruitment people work like that mate. They're not going to let a decent performance erode their value.
If you ring people up to sell in the way you are, you exude panic and will just get completely screwed over.

Chelsea will make an improved bid, and we will sell. That's how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.