2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a deal to be done and it will be done.

As it's very likely there will be a player exchange at least in part, we have to be careful to maximise value here to us.

I'd still go for Broja but try and get him on a seasons loan, separate to any deal for Gordon. We have more legroom then and can re-assess next summer.

Ask them for Broja loan with option to buy plus £50m.
Must be encouragement from Gordon’s camp if that’s the case, despite what the club is putting out. Agreed that’s exactly what I’d ask for as well. Considering the fee that’s been mooted I don’t think we’re talking about a permanent transfer for Broja, Gallagher, etc but a loan with an option would work well. Gives us a lot of money to go buy another forward and another midfielder. Gana, Broja, Terrier for example and we’re looking good. Should have room for another signing as well.

It’s not based on losing the first two, it’s based on barely staying up last year, losing Richy’s goals with no replacement and now an injured Dom, who can’t seem to stay healthy. I see more fight in Fulham, Forest and Leeds at this point. Battle on.

We're not expecting to win the league like the 84-85 team, we'll be fine 7th-11th. Relax ?

Well, the point is we'd need to replace him.

Sell Gordon for £40m, and if we go back to Wolves for Gibbs White, we'd be told £35m+

Hopefully they'd have a few lined up before selling.
I'm hoping this is why there's been so many seemingly fleshed out rumours.

Im hoping there's a bunch of deals that just need signing once we have the cash (a la the Fellaini money 2013)

I see an awful lot talking about this Broja in a swap deal. Is he actually any good? Was he banging them in for Southampton? Seems to me like people are advocating swapping a 21 year old player who scored 4 from the wing for a 20 year old player who scored 6 from up front.

There is a deal to be done and it will be done.

As it's very likely there will be a player exchange at least in part, we have to be careful to maximise value here to us.

I'd still go for Broja but try and get him on a seasons loan, separate to any deal for Gordon. We have more legroom then and can re-assess next summer.

£70m for Kepa says otherwise!
As does £90m for Lukaku then getting rid twelve months later also indicates the “experts” at Chelsea don’t always get it
Has to be money upfront with Gallagher & Broja on season loan, if it’s 50 M straight upfront then we lose 20% of that straightaway as the transfer market will inflate any player we try to sign.

I'm hoping this is why there's been so many seemingly fleshed out rumours.

Im hoping there's a bunch of deals that just need signing once we have the cash (a la the Fellaini money 2013)
Exactly, we’ve been searching and enquiring all summer and by now there should basically be a menu of players whose fee we know, more or less ready to pull the trigger. Just need to get on with it.

Has to be money upfront with Gallagher & Broja on season loan, if it’s 50 M straight upfront then we lose 20% of that straightaway as the transfer market will inflate any player we try to sign.
I'd forgotten that we already have our two domestic loans, Coady and Vinagre, so we can't get anymore right? It would have to be straight exchange. If we wanted Broja and Gallagher then selling Gordon for £45m won't cover it. Surely we'd end up owing them at least £10m but still would be a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.