2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
People falling over themselves to sell the kid for basically whst we payed for Tosun and Bolasie.

But 45m we can rebuild them team with.

Take a moment and wonder after spending half a billion, why on earth is 50m gonna do anything, it won't, we will simply just lose one of the few positives in the club in years
Lots of reasons to not sell him, but we can’t not sell anyone ever again just in case Koeman and Walsh pop up and re-buy little Dutch Davy with the proceeds.

Myko is good, Patterson looks at least decent, Onana is greatest midfielder ever to play football according to Martinez, Tarky could start for better teams than us, Coady is a great loan (not purchase), the little left back fella is a good backup and proper fast.

We might have to close our eyes and cross our fingers at some point that the current manager and DoF aren’t monumentally thick, and are willing to pipe Mosh down.

(Please note, I’ve left Dele and McNeill off the list as they don’t fit my narrative ?)

Yeah I agree Rodney wanted out, the big lights of old Trafford was to much for him to turn down, the other 2 I think it was different especially Ferguson.

only-fools-and-horses-delboy.gif

Seems like I've missed quite a lot.

Not buying that story about turning down a contract and requesting a contract. Reeks of old school Everton trying to manipulate the fans into thinking the player was forcing it and disloyal
I honestly just don't believe they get away with that anymore.

Otherwise, the player would just expose them after he gets his move.

Digne done exactly that.

Why would the club go to these lengths to lie to the fans when Gordon could just call BS weeks later... causing the fans to hate the board even more.

Makes no sense.

Probably is Bill who has leaked the he has turned down a contract /agreed terms with Chelsea stuff. But that's not to say he wouldn't like to move and it looks like it will happen.

I honestly just don't believe they get away with that anymore.

Otherwise, the player would just expose them after he gets his move.

Digne done exactly that.

Why would the club go to these lengths to lie to the fans when Gordon could just call BS weeks later... causing the fans to hate the board even more.

Makes no sense.
They must believe without his sale we can't get the deals to keep us up. Only explanation but it's their mismanagement who put us here.

They must believe without his sale we can't get the deals to keep us up. Only explanation but it's their mismanagement who put us here.
Really don't think that's the case.

We've turned down one bid and we're expected to turn down the second, unless Gordon really did force it.

We set our price at £50m. If someone offers to pay it, we'll come to table.

And £50m for the lad is an absolute goldmine.

Yeh our track record is incredible in the transfer market.
As you mentioned Mick, it's the lateness in the window too. I said earlier today that if we were unaware of the likelihood of Gordon leaving we may not be prepared.

£50m+ is all well and good, but we need to use that money wisely rather than rushing and spunking it up the wall because we need a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.