Status
Not open for further replies.
1A10A083-A9EE-474E-A3CC-A6B211DD04BB.jpeg

Discuss.

Classic Kenwright Tactic

Need cash, push out our biggest assets and pushing out the old lines
"not signing contracts"
"wants a move"

£45-50 million is too good to turn down but rather than admit that he will burn a player out to make the club look good.

I don't think we can turn this down and I'd hope he stays but if we can improve the squad fast then I am sorry but all the best Anthony

It's a classic Kenwright era Everton stunt.

Of course all the posters here who just wanted shut of Gordon will be using it so they can justify their ambition to get him out and an atrocious no mark like Adams in.

plus ca change.
If Gordon goes, our expectations will be more than Adams.

Our options will have improved as we'll have more £££

Let's just simply flip this around. Would anyone be ok buying Sarr for 50m? No. It's a worthwhile gamble with this being the proverbial "one in the hand/two in the bush". I don't think, even at Gordons PEAK, he'd be a 50m player. And I actually really like the lad.

I've seen this a million times. Everton FC want to sell a player and they dont want to be criticised for it. So they use the chimpanzees in the media who they can rely on to blacken a players name and then they wait for the gullible to swallow it hook line and sinker.

THAT'S my *take* on it.
100%

It is weird, but then Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle all want him. Pep Guardiola praised him too, and Frank Lampard is talking about building a team around him.

He's come into a really, really, desperately poor Everton team. Has that hindered him? Or did it help him get the game time and exposure?

Either way, I've said on here for a while that I think we give him too much responsibility and think that ideally, he should be a squad/impact player.

Those saying don't sell him at £50m, what price would you sell him for?
He was anonymous at Preston. I think he'll improve in a better team. His control and an ability to beat his man are what they're looking for.

It's a classic Kenwright era Everton stunt.

Of course all the posters here who just wanted shut of Gordon will be using it so they can justify their ambition to get him out and an atrocious no mark like Adams in.

plus ca change.

….the reality is, when a player in demand wants to move it invariably happens.

The challenge for Everton is getting as much as we can & then spending it to make us better than we are. I’m a Gordon fan, but I’d take the monies being suggested as we are currently toothless across our front line. I imagine Lampard will be content.

Status
Not open for further replies.