2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just see Gordon?

Thats our standard of young player - all fart and nee shiote

Gordon hasn't scored a single goal for us our fans over rate the lad massively.

Absolute nonsense there was a reason he was anonymous in the Championship last season he isn't good enough.

So it seems you're the next in a long line of bozos who come on swinging at @ForeverBlue92 trying to make a name for yerself in attempting to topple the great one before ultimately failing at your task.

You aint the first and you wont be the last.

Sometimes I read posts like this about Doucoure and genuinely wonder if I'm watching the same matches everyone else does.

I mean if you took names out of this I'd think maybe you were talking about Gueye or something. Doucoure for me is one of the worst defensive players for someone who isn't a true attacking midfielder that I've seen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the start of the season, Doucoures numbers were insane werent they? Like league leading defensive numbers in pressures and tackles, but also attacking numbers akin to a number 10.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the start of the season, Doucoures numbers were insane werent they? Like league leading defensive numbers in pressures and tackles, but also attacking numbers akin to a number 10.
Maybe like 3 or 4 games in. The defensive numbers have regressed to his career averages.

His numbers for pressures have always been exemplary. The problem is he's playing a position where you actually need to win the ball and that's not always what happens with him.

I think Frank has told the players to shoot more often, this is a real positive for Anthony, giving him that reassurance to try as often as possible.
Watch his goals increase this season

It would make sense.

As a player Lampard shot on sight and so many goals were scored from deflected efforts or rebounds because the opposition were not expecting a strike.

I thought the same as you when I saw Gomes shoot early on against Brentford when he (and others) often wouldn't take the responsibility previously.

Didnt look interested the whole time he was on the pitch, looked scared to take liveramento on, and at one stage just gave up tracking back.
Unbelieveble change from his recent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.