2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

His promise is finally starting to show. Thought when he first came on the scene he was mainly garbage with fleeting glimpses but over the last few games he is starting to show. Still think he lacks the stamina for 90 mins but improved a lot

The one positive tonight. I wasn’t convinced, but he seems to be getting more and mored confident the more minutes he gets. If he doesn’t start against Spurs it’s a sackable offence.

Like many others have said tonight, I wasn’t convinced and thought his time was up after his poor loan spell at Preston last season. But he’s come on a lot this season and should now be starting games over Iwobi.

Think he’s been managed poorly by Benitez of late. Was the best player on the park last week and then dragged off in which was the first of 2 terrible substitutions that cost us the game. Should have started again tonight too and looked lively when he came on. Needs to start against Spurs next week. The manager saying he can’t last 90 mins is pathetic when he’s been sending Rondon out for 90 mins week after week (tonight aside).

He's tired and needed a rest macca, that's what we'll be told by Benitez's acolytes anyway.

My main worry is that he'll become a target from the Benitez fans going forward now, especially if Benitez continues to not play him and fan sentiment continues to grow for him to get more minutes

We'll see a lot of "he's Championship standard" posts when it comes to him in the coming months if he keeps getting left out of the squad I think

Status
Not open for further replies.