2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big test now is he comes back for pre season fitter than this one. Work on his decision making and delivery’s, he will be a good player with potential to be very good. All about having the right attitude. He has had a very good break through season, with what’s happened on and off the pitch all things considered.

For all his ability workrate and passion his final ball is so bleeding frustrating, i think half the time he's to goosed mentally and physically to pick out the right pass in the final third.
He needs to find the balance between both and he could become a very good player.

I used to watch Lampard’s Chelsea a little and I remember what Mason Mount looked like in the first season. His attitude was outstanding but, if you ask me, he was nowhere near Anthony at the moment. And just look what he‘s become. So, why can’t Frank make Anthony even better, he’s got much more potential.

I used to watch Lampard’s Chelsea a little and I remember what Mason Mount looked like in the first season. His attitude was outstanding but, if you ask me, he was nowhere near Anthony at the moment. And just look what he‘s become. So, why can’t Frank make Anthony even better, he’s got much more potential.
I don't think Gordon is in the same bracket as Mount. Happy to be proven wrong but while there is some raw talent there, I do question if the football brain is there. His decision making is poor. It's something that can potentially be improved upon but if he hasn't got a footballing brain then maybe not.

You can find me on here saying I don't rate Mount because he doesn't produce anything. I thought he'd need to become a midfielder. So yes it does happen.

I don't think Gordon is in the same bracket as Mount. Happy to be proven wrong but while there is some raw talent there, I do question if the football brain is there. His decision making is poor. It's something that can potentially be improved upon but if he hasn't got a footballing brain then maybe not.
I don't think that's true at all. Gordon has way less of the terrible shots from 30 yards than the rest of the side for one. I think he gets it generally just needs things to slow down a bit and to tighten up his technique.

Well, I used Mount as example because honestly, at that time, I couldn’t see much football brain in him, either. Really hard working, but I don’t even remember him doing what Anthony is capable of doing now. And I think Frank was heavily criticized for starting him again and again. So if he puts Anthony in the same bracket... I’m looking forward to see how our boy will improve under him :)
As for poor decision making, sometimes I think it comes of pressure. That happens when a player is forced to carry his team in difficult situation at a very young age. So I wouldn’t really blame him for that, but of course, that needs to be improved.

Well, I used Mount as example because honestly, at that time, I couldn’t see much football brain in him, either. Really hard working, but I don’t even remember him doing what Anthony is capable of doing now. And I think Frank was heavily criticized for starting him again and again. So if he puts Anthony in the same bracket... I’m looking forward to see how our boy will improve under him :)
As for poor decision making, sometimes I think it comes of pressure. That happens when a player is forced to carry his team in difficult situation at a very young age. So I wouldn’t really blame him for that, but of course, that needs to be improved.
Definitely

we've had a lot of players come through the ranks that showed initial promise and then faded i.e. tom davies for example

is gordon just another davies?

is gordon going to fulfil his potential and become talked about in high regard with the likes of mason mount, foden, saka and bellingham

time will tell

i feel that maybe the pressure of our relegation battle and starting him in alot of games this season made him burn out towards the end of the season but hopefully that experience will just help him on his way to becoming a better player for us

we've had a lot of players come through the ranks that showed initial promise and then faded i.e. tom davies for example

is gordon just another davies?

is gordon going to fulfil his potential and become talked about in high regard with the likes of mason mount, foden, saka and bellingham

time will tell

i feel that maybe the pressure of our relegation battle and starting him in alot of games this season made him burn out towards the end of the season but hopefully that experience will just help him on his way to becoming a better player for us

….physicality is a key factor. Gordon has pace and athleticism to go with his quality. Davies is heavy legged and immobile, he has no powers of recovery.

Gordon can progress.

The final ball may still be lacking, but his touch and close control, coupled with the sort of electric pace that terrifies defenders, will take him a long way.

Unless he gets a bad hamstring injury, I think he'll see a better level than almost all his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.