2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final ball may still be lacking, but his touch and close control, coupled with the sort of electric pace that terrifies defenders, will take him a long way.

Unless he gets a bad hamstring injury, I think he'll see a better level than almost all his teammates.

…yep, it’s taking the ball on the spin and getting away from defenders that sets him apart. His delivery is lacking but more often than not it’s his talent that gets him in those positions.

For all his ability workrate and passion his final ball is so bleeding frustrating, i think half the time he's to goosed mentally and physically to pick out the right pass in the final third.
He needs to find the balance between both and he could become a very good player.
Some of that may be addressed by pre-season / his own physical development, (still young).

It may also be helped by getting in a few more players who can help us retain possession. He (and Iwobi) wouldn't need to be haring around so much if we weren't chasing the ball constantly.

Got an Anthony Gordon song for you all.. been singing it all day at Neighbourhood Weekender! To the tune of Hound Dog;

“Oh Anthony Gordon,
Diving all the time,
That’s what the papers say,
Talking nothing but [Poor language removed],

He runs down the wing, whips them in,
For the blues all night”

Were you in a coma when Barkley broke through?
Barkley as a 17-19 year old was one of the best I’ve seen. He had things you couldn’t coach , like shooting from distance with both feet, carrying the ball at pace and driving at the defence .

Trouble is he couldn’t be taught the things that you’re supposed to be able to learn and his application seemed to stop when bobby started telling him he was better than zidane

Did ok when he came on, got involved in both attacking and defensive play. Had one shot at goal cutting in from the left. The keeper parried it well.

Not much else to report on the cameo.

Just switched on the game and he dribbled from the halfway line into the box and passed it for archer for a tap in, goal, and then 1 minute later ran at a man and the man fouled him to get a sending off.

Status
Not open for further replies.