2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not obvious at all. Please show when you said that in this thread? And maybe he'd have more match fitness if he played more, you know, matches....

Exactly. But apparently it's all Gordon's fault and Carlo Magnifico is Perfecto.

Exactly. People don't seem to understand that fitness != match fitness. Ask Mo Farah to play a game, he'll be heaving after 5 minutes. You only truly develop the fitness required to play games by playing games, and every sport and discipline is different, and requires a different 'type' of fitness. 5-a-side is different from 11-a-side. Football is different from basketball. It's not as easy as go and run a bunch of 10ks, then go and do 10k on a saturday afternoon. Some people can't seem to get their heads around this.

Yeah, but Carlo Perfecto tho, so it must be Gordon's fault :Blink: :oops: :coffee:
You really are defensive aren’t you?

Not obvious at all. Please show when you said that in this thread? And maybe he'd have more match fitness if he played more, you know, matches....

Oh, you again?

Bit of a bee in your bonnet haven't you sunshine?

Anyway, here is one example of me in this thread on the 9th January of me saying it's as clear as day Gordon doesn't do enough off the ball;

Clear as day why Ancelotti hasn't thrown this lad in.

Has to do a lot more off the ball.

Needs a spell out on loan.

Do you understand what off the ball means?

It's basically this;

Gordon: “Where I need to improve is getting back into shape quicker and being harder to beat, instead of pressing, then waiting and not getting back into shape – being the odd one out.”

Off the ball, he hasn't got the discipline and is a liability. Fortunately we have a manager who is helping him resolve that part of his game.

You really are defensive aren’t you?

Bit weird isn't it?

Also seems to hate Carlo Ancelotti for some reason.

I get the feeling that he is almost trying too hard and is too hard on himself.

Needs to relax, get as fit as possible and just let it happen - putting too much pressure on himself.

If we managed to get a couple more attacking players in during the Summer window, I think a six month loan at a lower Prem club or a promotion pushing Championship club would do him wonders.

Needs to relax, get as fit as possible and just let it happen - putting too much pressure on himself.

If we managed to get a couple more attacking players in during the Summer window, I think a six month loan at a lower Prem club or a promotion pushing Championship club would do him wonders.
Yeah, i agree with that. he's only 19 he's now a fully fledged first team squad member. It'll come for him but he neds to relax.

He should be playing more u23s football to keep his fitness up and improve his game and confidence, he's had barely any minutes this year and probably wouldn't be in the squad if it was still 10 subs so I think he needs that game time. Due to being in and around the squad he hasn't played regular football since 2019. No wonder he's knackered

Potentially, also says there he is training 3 times a day, bviously oyu need to put the work in and it's great he has that attitude but also more is not always better. If he's doing circuits every night or whatever he's at he might not be 10 fresh for technical work in training next day

He should be playing more u23s football to keep his fitness up and improve his game and confidence, he's had barely any minutes this year and probably wouldn't be in the squad if it was still 10 subs so I think he needs that game time. Due to being in and around the squad he hasn't played regular football since 2019. No wonder he's knackered
Nothing will stunt his growth more by playing with that team, he will lose all technical ability he has, that team can't string 5 passes together.

My take on Gordon is he has all the tools in his locker , particulary that rare commodity Raw Pace.
Seems to start games pretty well and generally does ok off the bench.
However he's not very game savvy , the term chicken with no head springs to mind , thus expending a lot of needless energy as games wear on.
Carlo see's this and looks to me has told him to temper this often wasted energy and focus more on his all round game.
I think he likes the lad and see's a player there thats willing to take it all on board and mould him into the player he wants.
If he goes the opposite way he'll be gone like lots of others that showed promise early in their career.
Definately a player there , its up to him what level he wants & needs to be at.

He’s got talent but we don’t half over hype players that have come through the youth system
We have to trust the man who sees him everyday in training and wonder why the likes of Iwobi Walcott Barnard we’re getting on the pitch before him.

I see him as an impact player last 20 mins and maybe that’s all he is for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.