Anthony Gordon Gone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone thinking this is good you do realise he is one of the only attackers we have. Who will be coming in to replace him? We have no manager. Fans are close to full on rioting. The board have been finally exposed to the football world as the charlatans they are. Our new striker legged it and signed for Spurs to sit on their bench. Who are we going to bring in who will improve us? Another Thelwell special like McNeil and Maupay maybe. Absolute disaster.

All we need now the new stadium foundations to collapse and we can watch it slide into the Mersey.
Personally the caveats as to why we should sell far outweigh holding. For starters Gordon currently makes very little alteration to game to game results. At present he is replacement level regardless of his ceiling. Thats all just to say presently he is not a major distinguisher in survival or not.

But more broadly we have a very real possibility of going down. If that happens AG's fee would be sliced in half. Factor that we have almost no other value propositions and I dont see where funds appear for re-investment be in the premier league or championship. Gordon is an engaging prospect, but his price is also inflated possibly from being english and youth rank pedigree. If he can be leveraged into funds its not unrealistic intelligently invested we could garner two or three players with similar prospect pedigree and current quality from his return. Unfortunately or not, at present that is more valuable. Newcastle has the resources to spend and can take the flyer with more assurance elsewhere. After Chelsea's wing depth add's I fail to see who might be coming to the table with similar pockets.

In almost every way I see it the pragmatic choice is to leverage the wealthiest club for a decent return.

etc

Newcastle buying young homegrown talent is a good strategy.

I think we will regret this but at the moment we need the cash to invest in other areas.

etc
???? never once said it was "breaking news" Just heard he had gone which looks like it's true now.

I think we will regret this but at the moment we need the cash to invest in other areas.
Just sat watching them make the right decisions and remembering Koeman and Walsh at the same time in our own wealthy owner journey.

This - I think there's a very good chance he's going to end up making some people on here look stupid, but we are where we are and if we have any prayer of staying up this season it needs to be via some last minute deals and without a significant sale or two, I don't see how we achieve that

Part of the issue is - would Bielsa or any of the other managers that we're talking to agree to Gordon being sold ?

The very fact that we have to ask this question shows what an insane situation we find ourselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.