Homepage Article Anthony Gordon “really close” [to a first-team call]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to anyone who watches the youth teams..

How good is this lad?

What position does he play?

How would he rate against that Mount kid at Chelsea?
very good at that level
number 10
don't know how good in the prem as he would need a few games to see if he could carry the form over on a bigger stage, but I would give him a chance, good attitude, quite fast, and seems capable of doing thing others cant.
crowd would take to him if he could do it at that level it would give them something to get excited about.

very good at that level
number 10
don't know how good in the prem as he would need a few games to see if he could carry the form over on a bigger stage, but I would give him a chance, good attitude, quite fast, and seems capable of doing thing others cant.
crowd would take to him if he could do it at that level it would give them something to get excited about.

Ah a 10.. pity he’s not a wide player..

Don’t get me wrong, I’d bin Sigurdsson immediately, but Iwobi looks decent there (& not great wide).

If he played wide, we could push Richarlison up top.

in the last 7 days weve had lucas digne publicly come in support of Silva , Mina has been told to come and say the same, and now we are hearing that our best prospect is in line for a chance ..

call me cynical, but its almost like the club are trying to paper over the huge cracks in Silva's management with good news stories

Don’t be so hard on yourself Frang. You are a ray of positivity.

By all accounts he recently looked off the pace against Fleetwood.
The premier league is a far superior challenge.
Of course it is but I don't think you can link the two. In any event the lad was MOM in the previous game against league opposition

Question to anyone who watches the youth teams..

How good is this lad?

What position does he play?

How would he rate against that Mount kid at Chelsea?
Not very good. Stands out amongst a crap crowd ala Dowell.

Somewhere in midfield.

Mount is a considerably better player in all aspects.

Not very good. Stands out amongst a crap crowd ala Dowell.

Somewhere in midfield.

Mount is a considerably better player in all aspects.

Based on the dross that's been doing nothing in midfield the kid deserves a chance and if he doesn't start, and I've been told there is a strong chance of that happening, he'll be on the bench for selection, not just a day out watching the big boys cock-up. At this time it is incumbent on all Blues to get behind whatever side is selected irrespective of what has gone before. Players come to these forums to find out what the fans think, nothing can be more demeaning than to see their talent abused in the fashion you have just done. Our kids broke records last term but are left to be farmed out to lower leagues rather than try and progress here at some stage, if they are good enough then they're old enough.

Based on the dross that's been doing nothing in midfield the kid deserves a chance and if he doesn't start, and I've been told there is a strong chance of that happening, he'll be on the bench for selection, not just a day out watching the big boys cock-up. At this time it is incumbent on all Blues to get behind whatever side is selected irrespective of what has gone before. Players come to these forums to find out what the fans think, nothing can be more demeaning than to see their talent abused in the fashion you have just done. Our kids broke records last term but are left to be farmed out to lower leagues rather than try and progress here at some stage, if they are good enough then they're old enough.
You answered your own question at the end. If they are good enough they are old enough.

We've got lads who are well below par, barely make any apps on loan before coming back to Everton and are older than myself 25+.

Unsy sets up the reserve team to win the league. Not to develop the players into premier League quality, or with an attempt to play the 'everton way'. That's why none of them make it, we just fill the squad with lads bigger than the other lads.

Edit: just gonna throw this in here to cause a stir, but my cousin was a coach at Everton for a number of years (I've mentioned this before and been slated through the roof for it) so I've heard bits and bobs about how this goes down.

I find your response both strange and staggeringly insulting. Those kids have played some decent stuff having watched them on numerous occasions. As for Rhinos penchant for big players I can't recall any U23 team built on size unless you count Rhino himself. The one player I can think of that may be 25+ is Luke Grabutt, his entire tenure at our club is somewhat shrouded in mystery. It has surprised me how one or two get released only to come back to bite us in the backside. More kids should be given a chance, no one knows how they behave until they get out in front of a packed Goodison. If more got that chance the less bite marks there would be on our Royal Blue posteriors.
Please don't come back and say Rhino and Dunc don't like each other, that would be untrue, it should be detest each other with an intense loathing, which is of no use to anyone. Possibly the incoming manager might see fit to sort that out.
Before I finish, please fully consider what you say about players, especially young sensitive players because an entire career can be ruined by unnecessary harsh reviews like yours

Status
Not open for further replies.