Homepage Article Anthony Gordon “really close” [to a first-team call]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is right not to throw him into a struggling team.

If we can improve our results then he will be able to put him on the bench and get 15 to 20 minutes at the end of games to help him settle.

We will probably see him on the bench a couple of times first without getting onto the pitch to help him to adjust to life at Premiership level.

Home-grown youngsters had more of a chance at Everton under David Moyes (think Rooney, Osman, Baxter, Anichebe, Vaughan, Rodwell, Barkley) than under any of his predecessors. Food for thought. Over the past five years I can only really think of Tom Davies who has made it, and even then he's a bit-part player.

Home-grown youngsters had more of a chance at Everton under David Moyes (think Rooney, Osman, Baxter, Anichebe, Vaughan, Rodwell, Barkley) than under any of his predecessors. Food for thought. Over the past five years I can only really think of Tom Davies who has made it, and even then he's a bit-part player.
I wouldn't include Barkley in that Moyes list. He had 3 good games under Moyes then gave away a penalty and Moyes practically banished him. Barkley was more a Martinez project.

....better than saying he needs to go on loan!!

I’m not one for pushing youngsters but I have posted in recent weeks that this lad could be ready to step-up. Key will not be his performances for U23s, but more about how he’s doing in first team training sessions. There is no hiding place there.

I understand Silva saying it’s unfortunate Gordon plays in positions where he has plenty of options, it will be up to the youngster to grab his chance when it inevitably arrives. I suspect he will.

He’ll soon have his own thread on here.
He’s actually got his own thread, so pointless continuing in this thread .

The difference was moyes had no money, so had to bulk the squad out With youngsters with many on the bench most weeks.
And when we had an injury crisis these youngsters were thrown in.

We’d probably go down now, if we had to rely on a lot of them young players. The games moved on in the last 10/15 years, With most prem teams spending money and having bigger quality squads. A lot tougher for youngsters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.