Andy Lonergan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling from that article that it is about both clubs having a look at future options. I don't know when Turner's contract is up - but if he has more than a year left it wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a swap-deal. I can't see much difference between them personally, I guess Turner is at the stage where he wants regular first-team football and Lonergan a bigger pay packet. How many more keepers is Moyes gonna let waste their careers with us though!

Lonergan is actually a pretty decent keeper and much more suited to the British game than Mucha. Will be ideal competition to Howard.

Lonergan is actually a pretty decent keeper and much more suited to the British game than Mucha. Will be ideal competition to Howard.

He is good i rate him but turner looked good in pre season it would be a shame to lose him.Anyway if this guy turns up from preston please keep him away from our goalie killer chris woods

Howard Kendall said that the best goalkeeping combination a club could have is a top quality no. 1 (Howard0 and a very competent deputy who has already established themselves in the game is prepared and able to take their chances when they come but is content to accept the better pay deal and not constantly be agitating at the club for more game time or maybe a move away.Not an easy thing thing to arrange but Lonergan is now in his mid to late twenties,he is destined to stay in the championship at best or maybe worse.This would give him a move to a premiership club in his area,the chance to play games at a high level and probably a better contract.

I understand that this player is known in his home town through his father who was a local authority employee working in refuse collection. His dad was famous for wearing trousers that caused any passing cockneys to exclaim 'cor blimey!' Also lived in a council flat, apparently.

I understand that this player is known in his home town through his father who was a local authority employee working in refuse collection. His dad was famous for wearing trousers that caused any passing cockneys to exclaim 'cor blimey!' Also lived in a council flat, apparently.

Quite, I'm also reliably informed that said father looked like a right 'nana in those big old hobnail boots he wore. Daisy roots he called them, so I hear.

Quite, I'm also reliably informed that said father looked like a right 'nana in those big old hobnail boots he wore. Daisy roots he called them, so I hear.

I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere too involving Big Nev if Lonegan ever gets to walk the hallowed turf.

Getting stranger, this one:
PNE chairman Maurice Lindsay told the Evening Post: “Phil Brown wanted competition for Andrew Lonergan for the goalkeeper’s position.“We agreed a deal with Everton for Iain Turner and will take him on a 93-day loan.
“During the discussions with David Moyes, it was suggested that Andrew could train at Everton two or three times a week to give him some freshness.
“That will happen, but he won’t be leaving our register and we will continue paying his salary.”
http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston_to_sign_toffees_keeper_1_3058319

Status
Not open for further replies.