Homepage Update: Andy Gray on Everton’s next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Gray on Everton’s next manager, by GrandOldTeam

andygray-150x150.jpg

Andy Gray thinks both David Moyes and Manuel Pellegrini are worthy candidates for the vacant Everton manager position.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Gray said “David had a fantastic ten years at Everton – could he repeat that again?

“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough. I know David would love to get another shot at it and with what he’s learned during his short spells at Man United and in Spain, he may be a better coach now.

“I wouldn’t be totally against that, but it would depend on what’s available.

“I think Pellegrini would fit Everton. He plays great football, he’s open, he’s ambitious and he likes to score goals.

“But David would be a very save pair of hands on the tiller, that’s an absolute certainty.”

The post Andy Gray on Everton’s next manager appeared first on GrandOldTeam.
Even pundits don't want us to be better than Mediocre. It looks like Koeman is signing a new contract and the Seville chairman is saying Emery is staying so it looks like it's between Pellegrini and F De Boer. Either way we're running out of options

Loved Gray as a player, but along with some other of our other 80's heroes, some of whom' have sponged a living off the club for years, his lack of ambition for the club is symptomatic of the shambolic running of the club for several decades.

To be fair to Gray I dont read that as he is calling for Moyes to be appointed. He is saying Moyes would do a decent job, which he probably would. Nobody wants Moyes back as its a different Everton than 10 years ago. He will get an interview out of courtesy no doubt but it wont go any farther that than I would expect.

He is almost definitely not on Moshiri's radar for the job.

Who cares what the mysogynist Sky reject, or his half wolf companion, says.

Sorry Andy you don't seem to remember what "fantastic" was when you meant something to the club. Still haven't forgiven you for messing us around to get a better pay deal from Sky...

Moyes would be a safe pair of hands. I have to agree. Thing is, we need more than that. 7th isn't good enough. We don't need safety, we need some fire.

I'm thinking more and more that we might bring Moyes in for a year or two to stablilse things before moving him upstairs as DOF and then appointing the actual next manager at that point

Moyes comes in, tightens things up, gets us back in the top half and then Moshiri gets a young hopeful in to take us to the next level

There are worse scenario's to be fair

My reasons for not wanting Moyes aren't down to how I think he'd do. It's more out of the principle you should never go back and the fact it'd cause a huge split in the fan base.

To be fair to Gray I dont read that as he is calling for Moyes to be appointed. He is saying Moyes would do a decent job, which he probably would. Nobody wants Moyes back as its a different Everton than 10 years ago. He will get an interview out of courtesy no doubt but it wont go any farther that than I would expect.

He is almost definitely not on Moshiri's radar for the job.

Sorry mate, but why on earth would anybody waste their time giving him an interview 'out of courtesy'?

Out of courtesy... Everton should issue a statement advising that as long as we've all got holes in our collective behinds, he isn't coming back to the club... or words to that effect.

Jog on Andy you helmet we don't want moyes back. Go and play with Richard there's a good helmet. Moyes=mediocrity and no trophies we want a winner not a mate of billy the luvvie.

Moyes served his purpose; hardly anyone disputes that. The job he did in restoring a degree of respectability and professionalism, as well as comfortably surviving three years of zero first team investment later on in his reign, is a testament to his ability as a bit of an alchemist.

However, the job has changed now, and he's done nothing to suggest that he's the man you'd want to oversee the type of expensive overhaul we need to see this summer.

Stay well away.

Status
Not open for further replies.