Homepage Update: Andy Gray on Everton’s next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes would be a safe pair of hands. I have to agree. Thing is, we need more than that. 7th isn't good enough. We don't need safety, we need some fire.

We're like a classic Gibson guitar in need of a restringing. Sure, Davey can play a nice soft melody and he'll never smash us on stage. But we need someone who's going to bust out a 10 minute solo that makes ears bleed and bras unfasten.

Andy Gray on Everton’s next manager, by GrandOldTeam

andygray-150x150.jpg

Andy Gray thinks both David Moyes and Manuel Pellegrini are worthy candidates for the vacant Everton manager position.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Gray said “David had a fantastic ten years at Everton – could he repeat that again?

“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough. I know David would love to get another shot at it and with what he’s learned during his short spells at Man United and in Spain, he may be a better coach now.

What madness is this?

What on earth could Wee Davey possibly have "learned during his short spells at Man United and Spain" that would have made him a "better coach" now and that would make him a good choice for Everton?

I remember one game toward the end of his time at OT, home to Fulham, when he became a national laughing stock for for the one dimensional tactic if bombarding the bix with high crosses the whole game.

It prompted one Fulham central defender to sneeringly opine that he had not faced so many hopeful crosses into the box since his days "playing in the non league".

That is hiw much he "learned" there, Andy.

Awful suggestion from Andy, promoted no doubt by Mr. Moyes's long standing status on talkSPORT as "friend of the station".

That radio station campaigned for several years to have Moyes step into Ferguson's shoes.

Despite the fact that move was disastrous, they want to foist the bugger back on us.

Sod off, Andy.

You gave spent so much time in the comoany of your sleaze bucket mate you are now thinking like him.

I posted i would take him as interim until the 'mersey arena' is built to keep us in prem ........but my lad has listed all things he done and said when he left and my position has changed 100%

no chance Davey

Moyes would be a safe pair of hands. I have to agree. Thing is, we need more than that. 7th isn't good enough. We don't need safety, we need some fire.

We're like a classic Gibson guitar in need of a restringing. Sure, Davey can play a nice soft melody and he'll never smash us on stage. But we need someone who's going to bust out a 10 minute solo that makes ears bleed and bras unfasten.

I am not even sure he would be a "safe pair of hands" anymore.

The EPL has changed beyond all recognition even in the three years since he left us.

Then we were always favourites to finish above all but five or six teams and usually we did.

But now we have the likes of Leicester, Hammers, Saints and Stoke, even Swansea, in an altogether different place and even for us to finish in the top half is a heck of a lot harder than it was then.

His tactics are as likely to have us down in the relegation zone as Bobby's, albeit due to a different shortcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.