2022/23 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent squad player is Townsend, but, the reality is, at his age and after the injury he has just suffered, it would be ridiculous for the club to offer him an extension at the end of the season. I think we will have to release him and wish him well for the rest of his career.

Decent squad player is Townsend, but, the reality is, at his age and after the injury he has just suffered, it would be ridiculous for the club to offer him an extension at the end of the season. I think we will have to release him and wish him well for the rest of his career.
lets see how he recovers first, years ago an ACL tear was a career ender, these days they are recoverable so they can be as good as new. If the player wants it bad enough and works at it enough, he will be as good as before.
For reference I have had two ACL repairs

lets see how he recovers first, years ago an ACL tear was a career ender, these days they are recoverable so they can be as good as new. If the player wants it bad enough and works at it enough, he will be as good as before.
You probably just walk the shop though mate

Not expected to run past 23 year old wing backs are you

Didn’t even realise he was still an Everton player until seeing this thread just now

Assumed his contract ran out

The thing is Arch, at his age and after his ACL, a contract extension is probably too big a risk for us. I have a wide experience of injuries myself. I am nearly 70 now and still regularly compete in 5 and 10 kilometre road races in the veteran categories and one thing I can say from experience is, the older you get, the more difficult it is to recover from big injuries.

I hope Andros recovers well, he seems like a model pro and a good guy... I just don't think we can afford to take a chance after the end of his current contract, which I believe to be this coming summer.

The thing is Arch, at his age and after his ACL, a contract extension is probably too big a risk for us. I have a wide experience of injuries myself. I am nearly 70 now and still regularly compete in 5 and 10 kilometre road races in the veteran categories and one thing I can say from experience is, the older you get, the more difficult it is to recover from big injuries.

I hope Andros recovers well, he seems like a model pro and a good guy... I just don't think we can afford to take a chance after the end of his current contract, which I believe to be this coming summer.
I agree its harder as you get older which is why I said lets see how he recovers, if he isn't ready to finish playing and wants to get fit, he should have everything at his disposal to do so, medics and facilities. What tends to happen to pros who suffer this kind of injury at this stage of their career is that the desire to continue has diminished, and they are set for life regardless. If they were fit and had stayed fit, they'd continue to play on but the effort required to get fit at that age after an injury take will power and desire, often that desire is diminishing.

I think people are being a bit unfair on him to be honest. I always thought he gave his all which is something that couldn't be said for quite a lot of the squad and scored a few important goals for us as well. He was unlucky with his injury and I hope he gets himself fit. The club has though moved on and a new contract shouldn't be offered but for him to get called a waster etc is a bit over the top. Good luck to him.

I think people are being a bit unfair on him to be honest. I always thought he gave his all which is something that couldn't be said for quite a lot of the squad and scored a few important goals for us as well. He was unlucky with his injury and I hope he gets himself fit. The club has though moved on and a new contract shouldn't be offered but for him to get called a waster etc is a bit over the top. Good luck to him.
Me and my boys were at Man U away last season, he gave us a rare moment of away limbs, and for that I will always be grateful. One of my fave away days and we didn’t even win ?

Need him to carry on the Evertonian tradition of hair transplants

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911-001327_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220911-001327_OneDrive.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 69
fits the mold of strong character players. Did as asked without complaining, always played hard. Adds a little something with his capability of hitting low probability golazos from time to time.

Never going to be a first teamer here. Enough to warrant a roster spot after a potential career ended for a player of his age? Not sure. But would give him a shot. Would not realistically expect to start every week and would be ok with that so let’s see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.