2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong, even bizarre, to call him 'garbage' - that's extreme isn't it?

Are you excellent at your own job relative to your peers, above average, average, below average, poor or below that and happy for others to label you as garbage? Presumably if you're not at the absolute elite level in whatever you do then, based on this type of thinking, 'garbage' would be an appropriate term to describe your abilities? Would you then be happy for people to publicly talk about you in those terms?

I seem to remember he was pretty good initially - he'd been playing for Barcelona and Portugal. Of c.4,000 professional football clubs in the world, he was playing for one of, certainly the top 10 - so that's the top 0.25%. Again, is that the 'garbage' level? Anything outside of the top 0.1%? So effectively 99.9% of footballers, you included presumably unless you have top 0.1% elite skills, are 'garbage'?
Not that it's relevant, but yes, I am actually elite at what I do and I have requests from around the globe to knowledge share and train for some massive corps. However, this isn't about me and I've no desire to discuss me - it's an Everton forum and this is about the fact that an Everton footballer was massively underperforming for us, got an injury, and now some people forget and blame the injury for his, at times, shameful performances. It's not true.

No desire to leave, no interest from other clubs anyway. Another £20m+ player who will leave for free after £100k a week for 5 years.
I am reading this while passing loads of homeless sleeping on streets in sleeping bags.

Could make them all of them in this city flat out home owners with a car if he could do with 70 a week and donate the rest to them.

I am reading this while passing loads of homeless sleeping on streets in sleeping bags.

Could make them all of them in this city flat out home owners with a car if he could do with 70 a week and donate the rest to them.
Agree with the sentiments. Worth noting that his ‘take home pay’ is ‘only’ £57k a week.

It had escaped my notice that Andre Gomes, in addition to disappointing Everton fans, was also responsible for the structural issues around homelessness. What a rotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.