2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people believe being civil is a sign of weakness. It isn't.

It shows a higher intelligence.
Lol at @Barnfred 55, MsC in internet civility and @Exeter_Gently, PhD in internet forum politeness.

Pair of self licking lollipops.

Anyway, Gomes. Oft complained about for being slow. Can't get around the pitch, but also takes an age to see or execute a pass. Top midfielders are ahead of the play and speed of thought compensates forward of pace. See Barry.

Lol at @Barnfred 55, MsC in internet civility and @Exeter_Gently, PhD in internet forum politeness.

Pair of self licking lollipops.

Anyway, Gomes. Oft complained about for being slow. Can't get around the pitch, but also takes an age to see or execute a pass. Top midfielders are ahead of the play and speed of thought compensates forward of pace. See Barry.
Better to love than to hate my friend.

Nothing wrong in respecting someone 's right to have an opinion that differs from yours. Not sure why you find that concept funny

Is right.

Can’t understand people looking for all our creative players to be sold.

….Gomes is quite unique in the squad which is why he gets so much game time. He’s there to keep possession and transition defence to attack and we don’t really have many other options.

He probably suffers more from the lack of wingers because he does like to spread the ball out wide but there’s no doubting he’s been ineffective and he’s a defensive liability. We could do with somebody with quality on the ball and athleticism.

….Gomes is quite unique in the squad which is why he gets so much game time. He’s there to keep possession and transition defence to attack and we don’t really have many other options.

He probably suffers more from the lack of wingers because he does like to spread the ball out wide but there’s no doubting he’s been ineffective and he’s a defensive liability. We could do with somebody with quality on the ball and athleticism.
With legs around him I think he is an ideal player against a defensive team at Goodison as he is one of only a few in the squad who can pick a pass. That is what we have struggled with in recent times and for that I would definitely see him as player who can contribute.

He’s got two assists in three seasons and both of them were crosses from the left

other than that he has one goal

not sure that’s the attacking midfielder we need tbh
Cant argue with you over that is so anoying watching him. Just hope with pace either side of him could work.?

With legs around him I think he is an ideal player against a defensive team at Goodison as he is one of only a few in the squad who can pick a pass. That is what we have struggled with in recent times and for that I would definitely see him as player who can contribute.

….he tends to play too deep to be creative from a goals perspective but he did come on a few times last season in a more advanced no10 position and looked better. He might be most effective off the bench.

….he tends to play too deep to be creative from a goals perspective but he did come on a few times last season in a more advanced no10 position and looked better. He might be most effective off the bench.

Both Gomes and Iwobi slow the play down so much.

I think they want to be 'fancy' and have more time on the ball.

The issue is that some people rightly lauded his early performances for us. They were world class level.

But they didn't stay that level for long. They dropped to a point where you wondered who was the handsome bugger who has never played football before.

No-one likes to say "yeah I thought he was good but he isn't now" ...... Just easy to blame Son who is a disgrace btw. But his levels had gone way before then.
Yeah, the version of Gomes that we had on loan was possibly the best midfielder I’d seen in an Everton shirt. I used to love watching him when he was in form.

Both Gomes and Iwobi slow the play down so much.

I think they want to be 'fancy' and have more time on the ball.

….Gomes is a very ponderous mover but he’s also a confidence footballer who feels he’s good enough to keep possession when pressed. Players if that type are useful, especially away from home when you’re under the cosh but his form hasn’t been good for a while.

Cant argue with you over that is so anoying watching him. Just hope with pace either side of him could work.?

Maybe mate but just don't think he's actually that good of a passer either.

His ability when he first came into us was his ball carrying. He lost that with his injury. Big shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.