2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion too whilst disagreeing. I wasn't including Delph in that opinion but the other 2 and James, who has apparently also been put up for sale, do have the ability to change games from the bench. They are inconsistent and I acknowledged that already, but they have it in their locker. Others, like Davies for example, don't.

I'm scared we'll be left with a bench with zero X factor, and I mean zero, to change games that aren't going our way.

Always respect your opinions Fred.

IMO the likes of Bernard Gomes and Delph offer virtually nothing either in the team or from the bench.
Nice gentlemanly debate.... See far to little of this these days. Well played kind sirs.

I remember 95% of this forum (me included... Different name) gagging for him to sign. Oh his hair, his smile.. I don't recall his playing ability actually being questioned. Why the complaints now ?? Nothing changed, except a nasty injury. He was never coming back from that...good looking but mentally fragile. Your still loved Andre but only by the wives x

I remember 95% of this forum (me included... Different name) gagging for him to sign. Oh his hair, his smile.. I don't recall his playing ability actually being questioned. Why the complaints now ?? Nothing changed, except a nasty injury. He was never coming back from that...good looking but mentally fragile. Your still loved Andre but only by the wives x
I was deffo hoping we would sign him. In his first season I remember a good few performances when he was great. The game at anfield he was boss.

The complaints are from him putting in 1 good performance in about 6 appearances so of course he shud be questioned.

He was looking very average before the injury so after it he looked awful. He has been fully fit for a while now and is still crap

I was deffo hoping we would sign him. In his first season I remember a good few performances when he was great. The game at anfield he was boss.

The complaints are from him putting in 1 good performance in about 6 appearances so of course he shud be questioned.

He was looking very average before the injury so after it he looked awful. He has been fully fit for a while now and is still crap
Oh we agree, my point being good looks and a few good performances on loan perhaps should not be the barometer for future players... Actually, I have forgotten what I was trying to say... Never mind.

Big season for him hopefully comes back ready to fight, is a good player in him needs to get involved more
Big problem is if Rafael plays 4231
He plays in a 2 alongside Allan or Doucoure, then we’re asking for trouble, because he can’t defend and offers little from an attacking point of view, you then put huge pressure on Allan or Doucoure.

at least Tom Davies, while not being great. Will put his foot in and have half an idea how to spot trouble and defend.

If that’s Rafael system and he has James, iwobi( hope not) and another new attacking midfielder to cover that position, then we could get away with Allan, Doucoure, Gbamin, Davies, new signing and Onyango. Will be plenty to cover the 2 midfield positions

Status
Not open for further replies.