2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I've seen him play since his injury it has been a very excruciating experience. Really hope he's off, its more a case of what could have been. Nice to see us finally getting rid of the dross.

Everytime I've seen him play since his injury it has been a very excruciating experience. Really hope he's off, its more a case of what could have been. Nice to see us finally getting rid of the dross.
was bad before his injury as well. After his loan was converted into a permanent deal his form soon went downhill.
But agree since his injury he seems to lose even more pace.
For him and the club he needs to go.

If the appointment of Benitez corresponds to a new ruthless Everton where the manager tells non contributing players to go elsewhere then I just might change my mind on the fat kopite.

I'm sure Bernard and Gomes are lovely people but there is no room for sentimentality in elite sport.

If Gomes and Delph join Bernard out the door we can really start to re build.

Unfortunately I've very little faith in Brands / Benitez recruiting well.
In my opinion we have about 8/9 players who we can build a team and a squad around. Our "fringe" players are made up of decent footballers who are either inconsistent or injury prone, or decent runners that offer little in way of quality. We seem to be getting rid of the inconsistent ballers, which is taking away any ability to change the course of games from the bench.

I'm not liking the way this is heading but I'll reserve judgment until the window closes and we're 10 or so games into the new season.

That bloke really does seem to know his stuff. Did he get banned? Or did he do a big

"Ok everyone, although there are thousands of you on here I just want to get some attention and tell you I'm coming off here"...... To the sound of "ok bye"

On a serious note it's why you shouldn't get too het up on a footy forum..... All we are is digital IDs. I hope you are well. ?

In my opinion we have about 8/9 players who we can build a team and a squad around. Our "fringe" players are made up of decent footballers who are either inconsistent or injury prone, or decent runners that offer little in way of quality. We seem to be getting rid of the inconsistent ballers, which is taking away any ability to change the course of games from the bench.

I'm not liking the way this is heading but I'll reserve judgment until the window closes and we're 10 or so games into the new season.
Always respect your opinions Fred.

IMO the likes of Bernard Gomes and Delph offer virtually nothing either in the team or from the bench.

Always respect your opinions Fred.

IMO the likes of Bernard Gomes and Delph offer virtually nothing either in the team or from the bench.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion too whilst disagreeing. I wasn't including Delph in that opinion but the other 2 and James, who has apparently also been put up for sale, do have the ability to change games from the bench. They are inconsistent and I acknowledged that already, but they have it in their locker. Others, like Davies for example, don't.

I'm scared we'll be left with a bench with zero X factor, and I mean zero, to change games that aren't going our way.

giphy.gif

Had potential pre-broken leg. He's lost the little bit of athleticism that allowed him to cling to a Premier League team. Unfortunately there's no undoing that so it's time to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.