2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistency is everything in football isn't it?

He has had some good moments. So have Bernard and Iwobi and Tosun and our other dross (save Delph who is beyond redemption). Obviously there is talent there to get this far in his career, just by virtue of playing in the PL he is one of the top .00001% footballers on the planet. What makes a top PL player is being able to do it week in, week out, maybe not an 8 or 9 every time out but at least solid 6s and 7s most games. One good game or good moment every 4 or 5 games is not good enough.

I just don't understand why we are stripping all the quality out of the side. We'll be left with Allan - who I do rate but was very patchy - Gbamin who has had two major injuries, Delph, Gylfi, Doucoure who I think is really clumsy and Davies, who is hopelessly awful.

The two new outfielders don't enhance the squad quality all either.

The James stuff in particular is genuinely bizarre.

What positives are there?
If we sell Gomes we will have to bring another midfielder in. As for what are the positives with the RB regime yeah I worry too but the squad did need an overhaul regardless..

If the appointment of Benitez corresponds to a new ruthless Everton where the manager tells non contributing players to go elsewhere then I just might change my mind on the fat kopite.

I'm sure Bernard and Gomes are lovely people but there is no room for sentimentality in elite sport.

If Gomes and Delph join Bernard out the door we can really start to re build.

Unfortunately I've very little faith in Brands / Benitez recruiting well.

I didn't say that.
I was simply pointing out that barely two seasons ago, he was thought sufficiently highly of to accumulate enough votes via the MotM polls to be the GOT Player of the Season.
He was thought of high enough by me to say he was better than Arteta. ..... Sadly he looked nothing like that after his honeymoon.

So it's his missus fault now !
Everything is the missus' fault. They're all on mums-net saying the same about us. "These poor athletes have worked all their lives for this moment and they cant even do it in-front of a crowd and honestly he doesn't lift a finger and he farted the other day and a spider fell off the wall I'm sick of it girls this is the olympics and I bet he'll want to watch it morning noon and night he's never even mentioned the word archery to me the lying rat"

So many on here are so critical of a player who suffered a bad injury and who, barely two years ago, accumulated the most votes from so many on here to become the GOT Player of the Season.

Just is what it is, mate. I've got every sympathy for Gomes post-injury. But let's be honest he just hasn't brough anything to the team last season. And with our midfield so bereft of pace and energy, watching Gomes is even more painful. Even in Silva's first season, while he certainly passed the eye test, the numbers he's put up simply aren't enough for the wages he's on.

He seems like a lovely fella, and he is defo a very classy talent when he's on it. I think it's yet another case in recent years of a player at Everton being a either terrible injuries and turnover of managers, or in Andre's case, both.

I think it would be better for both parties if he got a fresh start somewhere else. I'll be wishing him nothing but the best, that said, if Benitez thinks he can use him and give him a new lease of life, then he's definitely one of the players on our current sell-list who probably does deserve another chance.

Consistency is everything in football isn't it?

He has had some good moments. So have Bernard and Iwobi and Tosun and our other dross (save Delph who is beyond redemption). Obviously there is talent there to get this far in his career, just by virtue of playing in the PL he is one of the top .00001% footballers on the planet. What makes a top PL player is being able to do it week in, week out, maybe not an 8 or 9 every time out but at least solid 6s and 7s most games. One good game or good moment every 4 or 5 games is not good enough.
Nail on head pal, top post. Our midfield, wide midfield attacking output has been far too inconsistent for years. Lennon, Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Bolasie, Gomes, Schnederlin, Siggy, could go on and on…

Not that they have no talent, obviously they do. They can do good things on their day but none of them do it majority of the time with the odd poor game - its the other way round for them. You can’t have half a team of players like that, just doesn’t work.

nowhere to be seen on the latest training video in Florida. Could mean nothing, could mean Brands & Benitez told him about the interest from Portugal lol.
Seems the only first teamer missing that we dont know about either with injury or which has been in the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.