2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all confidence with Gomes. He started well enough but seemed shaky in 2nd half. He needs a few games where he/we dominates to build him up again. Showed signs of it, but still looks like anxiety to me.

I definitely think Ancelotti will be looking to swap Rabiot in there, and I can only imagine that midfield with Allan, Doucoure, James and Rabiot.

I still think Gomes has ability, but we have to remember, it's an entirely new midfield unit who have played 3 or 4 games together, so it's early days and still trying to gel and learn each others games.

I'm not gonna use a game against that juiced up gang of freaks as the measuring stick.

Would love Rabiot here.

Gomes has his place in the squad, it is a squad game. In particular we have Euro. He suits better when oppositions ain’t playing high press.

I like Gomes but he was poor yesterday, he needs to find more consistency to win a few over. He's so frustrating because you know how good he can be when he's at it.

Definitely a weak link yesterday. Makes me wonder if Gbamin could replace him when finally fit or whether that would be too defensive

I honestly don’t think ‘keeps things ticking over’ is a good enough reason to get in a side pushing for the top 4, was he keeping things ticking over in that first half when he was losing the ball everytime he got it?

Erm I did point out he had a bad game yesterday?

Still can’t get me head round how he had an injury for the Brighton game that ruled him out of the squad but he would’ve been 100% if the game was Sunday.

His passing was still very, very wasteful second half. Over hitting everything. Play seemed to break down every time it went through him. I’m a fan of Andre, but his play was not fine today.
Didn't have a great game yesterday, siggy will be pushing for a start next match.

Would love to see his forward pass accuracy from yesterday. Be shocked if it was over 3%.

He was really bad yesterday. Just simple forward passes overhit, time and time again. His outfield place is most under threat in the starting 11 imo.
I still think Pickford needs taking out of the spotlight for a bit. His non save at the end was dreadful, and could have cost us 3 points had Mane not been offside.

He was really bad yesterday. Just simple forward passes overhit, time and time again. His outfield place is most under threat in the starting 11 imo.
I still think Pickford needs taking out of the spotlight for a bit. His non save at the end was dreadful, and could have cost us 3 points had Mane not been offside.

Yeah, id be bringing in olssen, Godfrey, siggurdsson and gordon for the next game. Obviously chucking olssen straight in at the derby would be too risky, but pickford cost us another point there and got lucky with var, that should be the last straw, also very lucky not to concede a pen.

Think siggurdsson has been a tad better than gomes this season and we'd probably need a bit more creativity there with richy out. Think gordon has to play as we need someone who will stay out on the wing more and spread the play. James and iwobi/bernard will see us be too narrow imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.