2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a problem for awhile it is just that other players have managed to be worse at the end of last year. It is time to try other solutions after today. "He keeps the ball" isn't good enough reason to play a player anyway, I mean Tom Cleverley kept the ball, and he isn't giving us anything else. Also I said earlier and I'll repeat now, he's the worst midfielder in the league when the other team has the ball.

He's been a problem for awhile it is just that other players have managed to be worse at the end of last year. It is time to try other solutions after today. "He keeps the ball" isn't good enough reason to play a player anyway, I mean Tom Cleverley kept the ball, and he isn't giving us anything else. Also I said earlier and I'll repeat now, he's the worst midfielder in the league when the other team has the ball.
In short, the position he plays require someone who is all rounder. Gomes is not.

In short, the position he plays require someone who is all rounder. Gomes is not.
You could maybe get away with being better going forward or without the ball and being bad at the other, but he's kind of bad at both. I mean Doucoure can struggle without the ball but he's going to get goals and create a bit. Gomes isn't giving us that either.

I'd go with Gylfi, Tom or Delph and then try a different one of that group if it is bad but I can't get behind Gomes being in the team as automatically as some of the others.

He was poor today, but nobody in midfield was particularly good either. Got to also respect who they were playing against.

that said, his touch was very heavy.

That first half was an absolute disgrace let’s have it right, there was a moment where he lost the ball stupidly, and instead of sprinting back he half arsed jogged, Richarlison sprinted past him and won the ball back. Can’t run, losing the ball too much, doesn’t win tackles, hes on thin ice

Difficult for any midfielder to play against them the way they closed today, even Allan struggled at times. Thought half our players out there today looked leggy.
He’s just had 2 weeks off, no excuses, he doesn’t even run back when he loses the ball, which is becoming increasingly often

Status
Not open for further replies.