2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did well tonight but could could have been caught on the ball once or twice and realllllyyyy should have buried that one last kick of the game. Out on his feet at that point

A poster on here once said he couldn’t tackle and just dangles his leg for the foul and now I can’t unsee it it does my swede in

Decent player tho and good passer of the ball. Will be good again with Doucs and Allan alongside him

He would be better coming off the bench as a rotation for Allen Doucoure or Alongside depending on Tactics. I thought he had mixed game some good stuff done not great but I do think he has a good rapport with James, the y are on a good wavelength.

Horses for courses, this wasn’t his course. Thought he was alright first half, the way we set up second half really exposed his weaknesses and Leicester exploited them.

He can’t cover ground quickly, if there’s a lot of space in the middle of the pitch he gets easily isolated and played around, he can’t get close to pressure or press, he’s easily taken out of the game. If we’re deep then when we do win the ball he can’t break quickly from our half to get up and support DCL, huge gap creates a huge gap between midfield and attack.

If we’re setting up to cede possession, sit deep and break then he’s not the man don’t know how many time’s we have to watch it.

Problem is, with Docuoure and Allan injured wasn’t really anyone else Carlo could pick - Siggi at a push but he’s got the same issues as Gomes, no pace or mobility and doesn’t cover ground either.

Lads, he sprayed the ball to Digne to make the goal happen. Give Andre some love.

He’ll benefit from Allan and the Duke doing the running again for him.

Should’ve buried that chance but never mind.
Came to him at an awkward height to be fair. Too high to smash and too low to properly control. Had a half decent game I thought, which is an improvement. Not sure about long term

The responses in here tonight are interesting. I thought he did alright tonight but reading this he was Alex Nyarko levels of bad. Once you're out on GOT you are out forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.