2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he was disappointing before the injury, Occasional flashes of ability and a handful of good games is all he’s shown us so far.
Overall he has appeared too slow, pedestrian and woefully inconsistent.
He really has to seize next season from the outset.

This.

I remember two games distinctly about Gomes.

The Derby at Anfield where we lost 1-0, he individually put in an unreal show, basically ran the game and we missed so many chances. Thought we'd unearthed a right gem. I actually remember saying "pay whatever, he's worth it".

Then Villa away start of the season, pass after pass going out of play, over hit, under hit. Jogging around, uninterested.

Same player, yet so very different. Sadly, the performance at Villa, was followed by more diabolical performances, whereas last season was positive mostly. Since his ankle break, he's just been even more lethargic. We gave Coleman about 2-3 years free pass, but don't think we can do the same here.

This.

The Derby at Anfield where we lost 1-0, he individually put in an unreal show, basically ran the game and we missed so many chances. Thought we'd unearthed a right gem. I actually remember saying "pay whatever, he's worth it".

Then Villa away start of the season, pass after pass going out of play, over hit, under hit. Jogging around, uninterested.

Same player, yet so very different. Sadly, the performance at Villa, was followed by more diabolical performances, whereas last season was positive mostly. Since his ankle break, he's just been even more lethargic. We gave Coleman about 2-3 years free pass, but don't think we can do the same here.

His Everton career has been inconsistent at best. In his position you need someone you can rely on to give you a 7/10 performance every week. Doesn´t look like he´s capable of it, which is a shame because there´s obviously a lot of ability there.

His Everton career has been inconsistent at best. In his position you need someone you can rely on to give you a 7/10 performance every week. Doesn´t look like he´s capable of it, which is a shame because there´s obviously a lot of ability there.

Certainly inconsistent, but still our best midfielder. Think he’s best suited as one of a three. Could do a job in a two if he’s partnered with someone mobile and physical.

For me he gets the benefit of the doubt because he has had to come back from a nasty injury. Interesting to see how he performs next season as part of a (hopefully) improved midfield.

Weird to say, but I think he might be a player who benefits from some rotation. When he plays every game I feel you can see his energy levels gradually dropping away with each match.

This.

Quite possibly the worst midfield performance by a blue, it was hideous watching.

His only good game last year was after the restart, can't remember who against, where he was very good. Before that he was an absolute joke (even before the injury).

Status
Not open for further replies.