2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that Andre Gomes played ok during the Bournemouth game but at times went about looking like he needed far more time and space with the ball than he had. Hopefully, he will be right up to speed next season.

He had his good game last week. We've just got to witness about another 8 performances where he stinks the gaff out before another 9/10 gives us hope.....and cycle continues....

Precisely

Then next season it will be 8 or 9 games of rubbish because "hes a slow starter to a season".

One great game and then back to normal and "oh its his injury /formation / team mates"

I hope Brands / Ancelotti just get him out the door for £20mil. We cant have passengers in the squad.

Their midfield is a mile off every other part of their team. Best keeper in the world, superB defence, superb attack, midfield is not all that TBH
While true, their midfield actually play the role they are given very well. You don’t need world class players to win the ball back and do the dirty work.

I’m not even convinced we have to sign two class midfielders. Just one class player and bring in another that will do the dirty work.

I know mental health is important and we shouldn't stigmatise mental illness, but maybe signing players who can't handle the pressure doesn't help.
There is a reason the top teams are filled with knobs and arrogant cockwombles. I like Andre and want him to succeed. But it is hard to play like he did last week if you are struggling like he is with certain issues. I don’t blame him and I understand his struggles. It is what it is

He’s overrated based on one really good performance, looks pedestrian and unable to stamp his authority on the game. It doesn’t help that he’s surrounded by players who ofer less than he does ie nothing

It's mad how devisive Gomes has become around here in just a few months......

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as last season was just utterly forgettable all around, especially for him give his horror injury.

Get yourself rested and ready to go again in September, Andre. You've got the quality, so it's time to show it more consistently.

I hope Ancelotti can find a way /system that allows Gomes to consistently show his undoubted talent.
If he can ,Gomes can finally become the heart of our team.
Throughout his time with us he has been as inconsistent and at times very poor as the rest of our midfield.
If he doesn’t improve markedly next season he will have to be replaced.

While true, their midfield actually play the role they are given very well. You don’t need world class players to win the ball back and do the dirty work.

I’m not even convinced we have to sign two class midfielders. Just one class player and bring in another that will do the dirty work.

The whole point of why their midfield has been successful is the energy & intestity they play at, winning the ball back quickly not giving the other side time to settle & playing the ball quickly & positively with forward runs & attacking play...

Which means all the players need to be on board to play this system not just the midfield...

They really are not that good, however they are good at what they do & believe in what they are doing right through the squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.