2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called up for Portugal squad apparently for upcoming games. Not sure how...

Positive is hopefully he will gain some confidence.

I think a few on here forget the horrific injury he had.
He did well to even get back playing at all last season.
IF we can bring in a quality combative midfielder (hopefully 2), we could see Gomes back to the player who stood head & shoulders best player on the pitch in the derby.

If it wasn't for the sea of turd / lack of bodies that constituted our midfield options last season, I suspect he'd have been eased back a lot more slowly.

If it wasn't for the sea of turd / lack of bodies that constituted our midfield options last season, I suspect he'd have been eased back a lot more slowly.

Without question!

We’ve been doing that to our star players for years. If they can walk, they play. Never had the luxury of being able to rest injuries or god forbid a dip in form.

I remember Arteta in a similar situation reacting to abuse from some moron in the Park End.

Nice bloke but so far a handful of good games doesn’t dispel the overriding feeling that he’s just too slow for this league.
Given time on the ball he can be impressive , but you don’t that much time in the PL and he gets caught on the ball far too often.
Has to be make or break season for him here.

Nice bloke but so far a handful of good games doesn’t dispel the overriding feeling that he’s just too slow for this league.
Given time on the ball he can be impressive , but you don’t that much time in the PL and he gets caught on the ball far too often.
Has to be make or break season for him here.

We might end up putting him in a 433 alongside Allan and Doucoure. That'd be perfect for him.

Looking to me like Gomes/Sigurdsson competing for the 'playmaker' centre mid role (though neither are playmakers lol ) alongside Allan + Doucoure.

Stopgap midfield setup there for 3 seasons i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.