2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even his face looks miserable, I think he knows he's finished, craping out of challenges, losing 50/50s and second to every ball.

We all knew he was mentally weak from is Barca days, so it was clear his mental fragility was never gona allow him to recover from that injury.

I don't really see what his role is in a 4-4-2. He's not a tackler, nor is he a creator. He carries the ball well, but gets out-muscled so easily in this league that everything he does is panicked.
Thats a worry for me, when he’s on it he’s a strong carrier of the ball but there hasn’t been any sign of that since we have been back. I would keep him as a reserve as I think with better players and a different blend he can be brilliant. He just loois piss weak at the moment as does Bernard and they are so much more capable as we have seen previously.

Clearly the pace of the league is too much for him. The injury obviously hasn't helped but even before that he wasn't hitting the heights he managed at times last season, not having a ball winner like Gueye next to him has massively limited his usefulness.

Would give him the rest of the season off, for me his head doesn't look right at all. A proper rest will surely do him good and the end of season break won't be long anyway, hopefully in a few weeks he'll have a new midfield partner and be back to 100% again with these games effectively having served as his pre-season training..

Having watched match of the day do not think Southampton penalty should of been given their player goes into gomes

Would rest him for a couple of weeks. He is only effective with a ball winner and runners around him. We don’t have either at present.
Drop him now and get him rested until next season. Have him working with sports psychologists and get him mentally and physically ready for next season. Until then he's got no blame to shoulder after what that absolute scum bag Son did to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.