2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not his game to be a midfield general and I think he would look a lot better with one beside him. His confidence would increase immediately if he had a player who had his back next to him rather than any of our other gutless, ineffective midfielders!

His last few games have had horrific visions of Morgan Schneiderlin at his worst. Seems to be following in the same trajectory or playing like a rolls royce first season then losing all interest and desire to play.

Take him out the team for a game or two to hopefully sort his head and fitness out.

If the aim is to be playing European football in the next year or two, there's no harm keeping him around as a squad player.

I wouldn't want to be relying on him as the main man in midfield much longer, though.

It's not his game to be a midfield general and I think he would look a lot better with one beside him. His confidence would increase immediately if he had a player who had his back next to him rather than any of our other gutless, ineffective midfielders!

If you pop into most player threads there will be plenty of if scenarios. If only Iwobi was played through the middle, if only DCL had better service, if only Davies had better players around him etc.

What we need is players to come play well for this club with no caveats. That´s what the best players do, they adapt and still put in decent enough performances to show why they deserve to stay at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.