2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with a 4-4-2 against anything other than a 4-4-2 is that the CMs have to pass through a layer of 2 players every time to get it to the forwards. You have to work it wide or try to beat a man. He is still finding his way back from a terrible injury and trying to do the basics right, meaning keeping the ball in possession. The problem is more with the shape around him. I would like to see him alongside Gordon in the next match. He will be fine again, but needs a bit of time and confidence around him.

Strange thing is he came on against arsenal and his passing was a joy to watch. Don’t think tried a forward pass since. Get him fit over preseason as he looks overweight to me.

People pretending he didn’t have shockers pre-injury. That Villa performance was the worst by any player all season.
He’s just slow and clumsy, that’s not going to change.
Hate it when a player gets an injury, always the excuse for poor performance.

Bolasie is another example.

You can't get an injury like Gomes got and it not affect you for a period. He has been rushed back as we literally have nothing else in this position. It is fortunate he was even playing again this year! Yes he had a safe game, but let's not write him off. He will get back to his best with better players around him and a bit more time.

He’s simply too slow and too easy to dribble past to be good enough to play for us, or any other premier league side, in a midfield 2.

In a midfield 3 he’d look a lot more comfortable and less exposed but Carlo doesn’t seem to fancy it, as long as Carlo wants to play a 442 I don’t think Gomes has a future here. He’d have to have an absolutely top quality ball winner next to him, to cover his deficiencies, to be serviceable in the role he’s playing.

Zero positivity and responsibility with the football. Gives away stupid fouls too because he’s so slow and immobile. Miles off the required pace. Can’t dribble, never shoots, can’t tackle and I’m now
Adding can’t pass to that list. Top class centre mid hey

A player who has undoubted quality. Not near his best tonight ombut look what he had beside him a fraud. With davis and awol awobi. He hasnt a chance. Put more quality around him and we will see his class

Status
Not open for further replies.