2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone asked me to define what makes one male more attractive than another, I'd simply hold up a picture of Andre Gomes and another picture of Jay Spearing.
I've never understood what women see in men, and although I can see the favourable comparison of Gomes over Spearing I don't get the swooning on
here.

I have read a few books written by footballers from 70s and 80s and it is unbelievable the amount they drank and when they drank.
Went on Til mid 90’s. I’m reading paul lakes autobiography at the mo and although he didn’t drink a lot he said he and team mates would go to the hacienda every Saturday night, imagine that these days, players going to clubs like that mixing with the avarage joe. I remember reading gazza drank a bottle of red wine before a game

Went on Til mid 90’s. I’m reading paul lakes autobiography at the mo and although he didn’t drink a lot he said he and team mates would go to the hacienda every Saturday night, imagine that these days, players going to clubs like that mixing with the avarage joe. I remember reading gazza drank a bottle of red wine before a game

I think I’m right in recalling Matt Busby giving his players a concoction of raw eggs and sherry to aid recovery and nutrition following rigorous training.

Gascoigne suffered terribly from anxiety and is recorded as saying he played his best game for us after having woken in the middle of the night before a game, and plying himself with tranquillisers and brandy. He was still strongly under the influence at kick off.

I think I’m right in recalling Matt Busby giving his players a concoction of raw eggs and sherry to aid recovery and nutrition following rigorous training.

Gascoigne suffered terribly from anxiety and is recorded as saying he played his best game for us after having woken in the middle of the night before a game, and plying himself with tranquillisers and brandy. He was still strongly under the influence at kick off.
Which game was that, the only really good game I can recall was against Exeter City in the 4-1 cup game at Goodison, although to be fair he had a few good moments versus Bolton Wand. away.

We've not had footy for a good three months it feels like and the stats geeks are professing this lad to be crap now. We don't deserve good things.

Blokes played, what, twice since octorber/November? Not surprised he hasn’t scored to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.