2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still waiting for any sort of answer to last weeks question.

Why for a big unit is he so hopeless at tackling/blocking, breaking up play?

He gets a free pass because he´s recovering from the injury but the performances against United and today have been the norm. His best game was actually against Arsenal, the type of performance he puts in once every 4 games, which just isn´t good enough.

Looks two yards off the pace but that's completely expected. We can't expect him to run the show anytime soon. I just hope once he's fully fit that he can be more consistent than he was last year.

He gets a free pass because he´s recovering from the injury but the performances against United and today have been the norm. His best game was actually against Arsenal, the type of performance he puts in once every 4 games, which just isn´t good enough.
I said at the time, the arsenal one reminded me of Coleman’s first game back after his injury (Leicester?). He was superb that night, as if he was letting off however many months worth of steam and pent up energy. Not sure he’s matched that level since. Had a feeling Gomes might do the same.

I said at the time, the arsenal one reminded me of Coleman’s first game back after his injury (Leicester?). He was superb that night, as if he was letting off however many months worth of steam and pent up energy. Not sure he’s matched that level since. Had a feeling Gomes might do the same.

Before the injury he was really poor. I think it´s a huge call to say whether we´re going to pencil this fella in as a starter next season because if he´s not up to speed it´ll really impact upon the team.

Before the injury he was really poor. I think it´s a huge call to say whether we´re going to pencil this fella in as a starter next season because if he´s not up to speed it´ll really impact upon the team.
Yeah I wasn’t 100% sold on him being made permanent. He’s brilliant on his day, but when he’s bad he can be woeful, and it’s basically toss a coin on which one you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.