2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all this spurs talk is a negotiating tactic from the agent to extract the best deal from Everton.

The lad has ability but im not convinced he has what it takes to be a driving force for a full season. Tends to play in patches of form.
It's also probably down to Gomes once upon a time saying hed like to play champions league football.

So tabloids extract that from the archives and add it to current story (spurs in champions league spot)...

Tada...breaking news... 'Gomes would rather join Spurs'.

...or it's true :-(

N’Dombelle is superior to Gomes like, some player him.
They are completely different players. N'Dombele is pretty creative - lots of ambitious passes and opportunities for his teammates, especially considering he's usually playing deeper and isn't necessarily a playmaker. Granted his teammates are better than Gomes, but still creates a ton more whereas Gomes is more possession oriented, great in the dribble, helps with build up, but creates very little in the middle and final thirds. N'Dombele is much better at winning the ball back and considerably more athletic. N'Dombele can play as a legit defensive midfielder without some ball winner to support him.

I would see Gomes as more of an Eriksen replacement and N'Dombele giving them a bit more of what they were missing since Dembele left.

Spurs want Ndombele from what folk down here are saying, not heard them say much about Gomes, they are supposed to have £150m to spend for which i reckon they will look at better than Gomes tbh
N’Dombelle is superior to Gomes like, some player him.
Seemed to do okay in the Champions League, especially since they beat and then tied Man City.
They are completely different players. N'Dombele is pretty creative - lots of ambitious passes and opportunities for his teammates, especially considering he's usually playing deeper and isn't necessarily a playmaker. Granted his teammates are better than Gomes, but still creates a ton more whereas Gomes is more possession oriented, great in the dribble, helps with build up, but creates very little in the middle and final thirds. N'Dombele is much better at winning the ball back and considerably more athletic. N'Dombele can play as a legit defensive midfielder without some ball winner to support him.

I would see Gomes as more of an Eriksen replacement and N'Dombele giving them a bit more of what they were missing since Dembele left.

I think we would be better suited to an Ndombele type.

It's also probably down to Gomes once upon a time saying hed like to play champions league football.

So tabloids extract that from the archives and add it to current story (spurs in champions league spot)...

Tada...breaking news... 'Gomes would rather join Spurs'.

...or it's true :-(

Yeah I agree, it's a simple tabloid or agent rumour tactic. Going down the top 6, Spurs are the ones with the most likely move for a new midfielder.

No question. Need a better defensive player, better athlete, that ALSO can create chances for others. CF and CM need to be significant adds to me.

Good shout. If we sell Gana, Gomes flaw will be expose if we don’t sign someone capable of covering the defensive shortfall.

How do you know there would be a defensive shortfall?

We dont know how Gomes would handle the 6, flanked by 2 box to box powerful players.

Gana is one of the highest tackling defensive midfield in the world. Statically wise if we bring in someone who is only capable of half his ball reposession, the rest of the team will need to contribute. Gomes will have to do a lot more defensive work, which is not his forte. The team will need to change in many ways in order to rebalance this shortfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.