2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine who appears on a local Valencia fans weekly TV talk show and got quite friendly with him while he was here, tells me he want's to come back to Spain with Sevilla being his preferred destination.But that obviously would depend on them wanting him.

So he picks up a knock and we proceed to play him in every game over our busiest period and fans start to question why he isn’t playing well?

Never change lol

Let's be honest... schneiderlein looked great when he first got here. Barkley at times looked unplayable.

Yes... we have seen Gomes look the best midfielder we've had since arteta and an absolute joy to watch but to say his last two games have been down to tiredness may be some of it but not all..... his level was way too low to be tiredness.

He looked like he was petrified to get the ball... he couldn't make a 10 yard pass.

I got extremely excited watching the lad. Probably too carried away. If we can maintain him at those levels then we have a real footballer. I just hope it is tiredness but his drop seemed more than that.

If that's the fee why hasn't this been done already
It's not that simple, loads of hoops to jump through, agree terms with the player. Try and get the best deal from Barca, they're massive fans of clauses, like their buy backs. Also, we might be trying to do a deal for a Malcolm loan while we're there

It's not that simple, loads of hoops to jump through, agree terms with the player. Try and get the best deal from Barca, they're massive fans of clauses, like their buy backs. Also, we might be trying to do a deal for a Malcolm loan while we're there
With the player already here a lot of that could have been privately done, if the fee is around 22m then that shouldn't be a major stumbling block either, Malcolm can't sign on loan as we already have the maximum of 2 loans.

Let's not be blinded by love here. He's had a few outstanding games and a few not so. His not so good games are still better than the garbage we have had for many years in central midfield, but so was Morgan snides for a while .

He could be our next 'arteta' but he obviously needs a lot of confidence to keep his consistency or like people have said 'He's carrying a knock'.

I think the fee is a good balance of value and risk considering the market, also in comparison we paid more for Davy klassen and some said that was a bargain at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.