2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to take time for some of these guys to gel with each other, Gomes is no exception. I said at the time that I thought he had a chance to be our best player by the end of the season. Not sure if that's going to happen, but he's a terrific player that is only going to get better.

I agree with the Dobson comparisons, he has a calmness on the ball, plus he is pretty strong when holding off players. It was interesting listening to Gary Neville describe his qualities, for only his second game in the prem, as well as his second game a a few months, I believe he is performing above reasonable expectations

Gomes is a level up from the CM players we currently have. I like Idrissa Gueye but Gomes shows the type of player we need to be attracting for the team to progress. Always over time we should be replacing current players with better players to challenge every game.

Don’t think he’s as slow as some are making out. He’s big, strong and has good ball control anyway so it doesn’t particularly matter.

He just takes a while to get into his stride, but once he gets going he's very difficult to get off the ball because of his size, strength and skill.

Uses his body really well.

The signs are positive. I don't think he was as amazing as some have made out he was yesterday, but he's shown exactly what our midfield has been missing in recent years. Hopefully he keeps it up.

He is already playing well for us and probably needs another 4 or so games to get up to full match fitness. Best is yet to come and its going to be good.

It's going to take time for some of these guys to gel with each other, Gomes is no exception. I said at the time that I thought he had a chance to be our best player by the end of the season. Not sure if that's going to happen, but he's a terrific player that is only going to get better.
I think you might be right about him being our best player by the end of the season. Once he gets purring, I think that he'll be on the top of quite a few clubs' wish lists for next season. Alongside Zouma, get him signed up asap please Mr Brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.