2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookmarked that and this

Hopefully troll both in to never being able to spout nonsense for money again after next season.

Haha

One of the replies on there to ‘Americans don’t understand football’ is ‘an American ownership group just won the champions league’.

The defence rests.

Even the skeptical media types would have to concede that the fact that Gomes wanted to sign for us is very encouraging indeed.

For myself, I think it's a great signing at a great price and I'm optimistic about the rest of the window. I'd feel a lot better about CB with Zouma than without (for depth at a minimum), but I don't expect Lampard to let him go easily under the circumstances. If we can undo some of the previous regime's mistakes to free up some capital and room on the wage bill, then we should be able to plug our most glaring holes and add some depth around the pitch.

Even the skeptical media types would have to concede that the fact that Gomes wanted to sign for us is very encouraging indeed.

For myself, I think it's a great signing at a great price and I'm optimistic about the rest of the window. I'd feel a lot better about CB with Zouma than without (for depth at a minimum), but I don't expect Lampard to let him go easily under the circumstances. If we can undo some of the previous regime's mistakes to free up some capital and room on the wage bill, then we should be able to plug our most glaring holes and add some depth around the pitch.
Personally I think the club played a blinder getting him involved in the charity and off the field side of the club.

Personally I think the club played a blinder getting him involved in the charity and off the field side of the club.
Agreed - my sentiments entirely. After his turgid primary season at Barcelona I suspect he was desperately in need of a bit of love and in Everton, the fans and our community spirit he was able to relate more. Perhaps that is why he feels 'at home' here and, of course, I believe he is a modest and socially conscious individual to boot.

Also shows how we dont have to get into the Europa League to sign players
Yep,something ive always said,people and press saying we are missing out on whatever player because of not having europe i have never agreed with that,euro games may only last x amount of games were as the prem league is a cert 38 games a season [unless they invent that 39th game lol], the prem league is were players mostly seem to want to come

Also shows how we dont have to get into the Europa League to sign players

I would assume that is on the basis of sales pitch that we will progress to be a club that gets European football either through league placement or winning trophies though. This might not work after 4/5 years and still being outside the top 7.

I would assume that is on the basis of sales pitch that we will progress to be a club that gets European football either through league placement or winning trophies though. This might not work after 4/5 years and still being outside the top 7.
Agree on this, although Europa League attracts no one, its all about the Premier league and Champions League. As for us, if we go another 4 years without winning anything I wouldnt expect anyone of top note to want to sign, its all about cups for now for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.