2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly think he is chuffed to be here, hasn’t stopped putting pictures of him in everton gear on his instagram story and liking loads of comments from everton and barca fans.

Intro to the Addams family,Gwladys Street all clicking their fingers in unison ending with a big "GOMES"(Apologies too many ciders with my tea with this warmish weather, well that's my excuse;) lol )

'I finally signed it Lads!

I'm home and I can't wait to start a new chapter with the Blues! Thank you and see you next season!
1f499.png
'

defo browses GOT

Bookmarked that and this

Hopefully troll both in to never being able to spout nonsense for money again after next season.

It's really simple: if Gomes does what he did last year plus adds a bit more in the final third he is a complete steal. If not he's still a player we needed, or at least we needed someone like him, so it's a fine signing. The alternative would have been to throw money at some random youth player and hope he can step up which is obviously risky. And that doesn't even take into consideration something like continuity which we definitely need to start having some of from year to year.

The area we need to improve overall and this includes Gomes is our general passing play in the final third or from midfield into the final third. We were pretty meh last year and whether that was the deeper midfield/fullbacks being poor at passing, the attackers being poor at finding space or the system not clicking or all three is tough to say. But if we are going to get better he is going to have to be better in this area specifically. Obviously Silva and Brands feel the issues don't fall at his feet or that they can make him better.

Overall this narrative is coming from the numbers which show Gomes to be pretty average. I doubt any of these tweeters watched us enough times to go off of much else but what I would appreciate is a breakdown of first half vs second half of the season. Because Gomes was much more consistent (when available) later in the year. It is possible that there would be improvement there but I don't have any way of tracking that down. But taking off the blue glasses I see why the outside view of some folks is that this is not as great as other people and Evertonians are saying it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.