2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not have many options of quality currently do we?
Not many wanted Schnides ot Tom in that position.
McCarthy is forotten.
So without the Gomes signing we are somewhat light.
With the signing I would throw into the ring that we still need another as Idrisa will not be around forever.
Is he good enough? I would say an improvement.

I liked the look of Benni 2 seasons ago, is he ready yet?

We do not have many options of quality currently do we?
Not many wanted Schnides ot Tom in that position.
McCarthy is forotten.
So without the Gomes signing we are somewhat light.
With the signing I would throw into the ring that we still need another as Idrisa will not be around forever.
Is he good enough? I would say an improvement.

I liked the look of Benni 2 seasons ago, is he ready yet?

He plays 1 game for Wigan in 6 months.

I still think we need another midfielder as well, can't just have Gana and Gomes, I doubt Snide will stay, McCarthy crocked constantly Davies still developing, definitely need another mid.

Omg hope that click bait report is fake. 120, 000/week with bonuses. Does anyone believe he will be getting that much? He's good like but that figure transcends reality!

Why don't they add potential shirt sales & printing, maybe appearance fees at the shop...should get hear to 55m then...

I'm so bored with this discussion, but here's a quick one:

Defensive
5th worst in the PL in being dribbled past per game.
3rd in fouls per game.
9th on the team in tackles per game.
11th on the team in interceptions per game.
10th on the team in blocks per 90.
9th on the team in blocked passes per 90.

Offensive
18th on the team in Key Passes per game.
17th on the team in chances created per 90.
15th on the team in xA per 90.
11th on the team in xG per 90.
6th on the team in forward passes per game (under 15).

There ya go. I saw somewhere that he got passed by more than any other player in the league per 90, but I don't have those stats in front of me - at least not yet. Point being, bad defensively, creates little offensively.

I can also craft some useful stats in terms of possession and progressive passing that would demonstrate that he's quite good at helping us keep the ball and build up from the back while in possession. He's obviously fantastic at taking people on the dribble.

But again, if you have any training whatsoever in this game, I cannot imagine you wouldn't come away from this performance this past year thinking it was a mixed bag. But this idea that he's the most creative player since Arteta when Yerry Mina is a more dangerous creator of goals is kind of silly.

I miss old GOT so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.