2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mistake. Thought Archer was implying they are look crap on the eye and because the stats said they were good before they were signed, that means the stats angle is not so correct.

I see you meant it the other way.

Not sure why as Bernard has proved to be not so good at all. 1 goal and 3 assists is a shocking return for a wide forward. We need to upgrade on him big time.

My mistake. Thought Archer was implying they are look crap on the eye and because the stats said they were good before they were signed, that means the stats angle is not so correct.

I see you meant it the other way.

Not sure why as Bernard has proved to be not so good at all. 1 goal and 3 assists is a shocking return for a wide forward. We need to upgrade on him big time.
Have you seen how little assists Gomes got this season? Can't believe we're wasting so much money on someone so uncreative.

It'll be a sad day for the stat gimps when he signs. Him and Bernard are proof that stats for the most part are meaningless and you should judge a player using your eyes instead of whoscored.com
Or that you know nothing about stats.

Or that you're a massive stat nonce.
If that means I actually understand them, then I'm fine with that. But to declare that someone is BAD yet GOOD according to stats, just makes ZERO sense. Then you aren't using the right stats. Or you can't evaluate talent properly and don't understand football.

If that means I actually understand them, then I'm fine with that. But to declare that someone is BAD yet GOOD according to stats, just makes ZERO sense. Then you aren't using the right stats. Or you can't evaluate talent properly and don't understand football.
They only go so far though. There's that comparison going round that defensively Titus Bramble has had a better season than Van Dijk statistically speaking.

Quality players like Moussa Dembele also defy the notion that stats are everything. Dembele was average defensively, average offensively but absolutely brilliant in the middle third.

Status
Not open for further replies.