2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gomes we have seen this season will be a lot better next season
Full pre season
Knows he is wanted here and has a role to play
Fans love him
Practically guaranteed starter
All these will give him confidence and consistency and hopefully bring back his form that persuaded Barca to spend over 50 m on him
All assuming he stays of course

Nothing is ever that simple in football. You're talking about what you hope happens rather than what will.

We always fear the worst don’t we? We are that used to bad news we automatically thinks the bad news is more truthful.

Hopefully he does sign and we can get him gueye and another CM in to create a dynamic midfield.

Lo Celso seems to have attributes we don’t have in our team?

Fearing the worst is usually warranted unfortunately for us.

Hope and think he signs because he seems to fit in and he has quality, but won't be devastated of he doesn't. As for going to Spurs he could but he would be a squad option if we are honest, he will start virtually every week here.

I would have thought Spurs would be in the market for a higher profile player than Gomes. They have CL money and if Erikson goes, as seems likely, they have a big transfer fee.
This is what I think, Spurs want to challenge city for the title, not convinced he is good enough for that but is great for a mid table side pushing top 6.

I understand what people say about ‘no European football’ but he was a part of the squad that wasn’t good enough to get into Europe so how can they have the audacity to say they deserve it?
by default they’re saying ‘I’m good enough but the rest of the team aren’t and they stopped me qualifying’ - cheeky I think and dis-respectful to fellow team members.

The only way he will go to Spurs is if we don’t want him or Barca price us out of what we are willing to pay him. How’s that for positive thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.