2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm is a very strange case, for someone who scores and assist for fun in the French league to someone who can’t dribble can’t pass and can’t sync with the rest of the team. Whenever I watch him play, he looks as capable as niasse, nothing more. The same can be said about Coutinho. For whatever reason I cannot explain.

They´re not being worked hard enough. Anyone who saw that game last night would instantly realise they must be strolling through training sessions. The abundance of natural talent in that squad gets them through La Liga. If they played in the Premier League, their away record would be on a par with Arsenal´s.

They´re not being worked hard enough. Anyone who saw that game last night would instantly realise they must be strolling through training sessions. The abundance of natural talent in that squad gets them through La Liga. If they played in the Premier League, their away record would be on a par with Arsenal´s.
That's just silly. They are older in the middle and worn down. That's it.

Malcolm is a very strange case, for someone who scores and assist for fun in the French league to someone who can’t dribble can’t pass and can’t sync with the rest of the team. Whenever I watch him play, he looks as capable as niasse, nothing more. The same can be said about Coutinho. For whatever reason I cannot explain.
Ligue 1 is a awful league, no wonder his offensive stats were padded out.

I equate League1 to the championship in England, some god awful sides in there and look how bad french teams are in both European competitions, last time a french team won a European trophy was 1994 when PSG won the cup winners cup.

It's no surprise the best foreign players from that league who are a success in the PL tend to be defensive minded players, there has been so many attacking flops from Ligue 1 who have been awful in the last 20 years in the PL.

Malcom was a utterly bizzare signing by Barca, just like Vidal who's legs have gone, and signing Coutinho as a Iniesta replacement was laughable when he never played as a #8 much before.

Spain's a funny place. Most of it is west of the prime meridian and yet it's an hour ahead of Great Britain. I feel this is adversely affecting their football teams.

They'd be fools to get rid of Dembele
You mean Dembele whose absolutely awful last minute sitter in the final minute of the 1st leg against the RS was decisive in putting the RS through to the final. That Dembele?.....

Not even convinced we should buy Gomes to be honest. They will try and over charge us for a player they laughed at and we played in to form. People think it's great being friendly with Barca, in reality they sell over priced players because of their name alone. Malcolm will be up for sale this summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dembele and Coutinho either.
I'm not totally convinced either. But last weekend I saw a lad playing centre midfield for Wigan who we should be snapping up now and who is destined to become better than Gomes, and probably sooner rather than later. The name? Reece James. Remember the name.

I'm not totally convinced either. But last weekend I saw a lad playing centre midfield for Wigan who we should be snapping up now and who is destined to become better than Gomes, and probably sooner rather than later. The name? Reece James. Remember the name.

....Reece James is on loan from Chelsea. He’s a youth international, part of an FA Youth Cup winning team and very highly thought of. I think he’s a RB and he’s now training with the Chelsea first team.

You mean Dembele whose absolutely awful last minute sitter in the final minute of the 1st leg against the RS was decisive in putting the RS through to the final. That Dembele?.....
Yes. That one.

Terrible miss that proved costly but I don’t think going round selling every player you have that has missed a big chance is a wise transfer strategy. Especially when it’s a 21 year old who you spent 100 mil on.

Status
Not open for further replies.