2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a clear stamp and a clear red card. Stop playing the victim. That's for kopites.
Yeah you're right tbf we should just accept the FA's inconsistencies and roll over and take any ill fortune that comes our way. T'is the Everton way after all. Ban whatever player you want, if its warranted that's fine. But if you're telling me that this is the first stamp of this entire season from any player in this league then you're mad. If you want to include lesser charges of deceiving officials then if I'm not mistaken then there hasn't been a single dive in this entire season in the FAs eyes. Amazing bit of fair play if you ask me by all 20 teams involved. If you're gonna ban players then that has to apply to all players of all team and quite clearly it doesn't.

More out of principal and having Gomes for United and potentially his last home game.

I'm less bothered about whether it warrants the charge, which it probably does, more the total inconsistency of bans that are handed out.

What you're missing though is, we could have appealed it today, and the FA could class it as a frivolous appeal (and they will see it that way because there is no defending the tackle) and therefore there would be no hearing, and they then would hand him another game ban immediately on top of the three he already has.

More out of principal and having Gomes for United and potentially his last home game.

I'm less bothered about whether it warrants the charge, which it probably does, more the total inconsistency of bans that are handed out.
Our defense though can't be, but, but Salah did worse, or look at what [some other random from a "big" club] did.

Those discussions need to be happening as part of a larger initiative for fairer calls with the governing bodies. In this particular instance though, what can we really say? It was a rash challenge, deserving of punishment

That is curious. I have paid for two more games starting on Sunday when we will roar and batter the mighty reds into the ground and Fulham will be forgotten (by some). Is it over for you then? Sold your tickets on stub hub?
I was slightly joking to be honest. But we have no one of his level it shows you the depth in our squad is paper thin. His season nearly is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.