2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said as I watched it live he'd get the book thrown at him and sure enough, he will. Hope we appeal and he plays against United as that's probably the game we need him most.

On the matter of 'bias' and us being targeted, there's a simple solution. If the FA are going to continue to make an example of us, we just need to be better and not give them the chance to. It's frustrating but at the end of the day football is now a product they need to sell worldwide. They can't be having the Top 6 missing key players for big games. That's why they turn a blind eye and always will.

Easier said than done. I'm not saying it through bias, but niasse's wasn't a dive that he got done for. He was pushed from the back when off balance imo which caused him to fall. It was a soft pen, but never a stone cold dive.

Look at what martial did v us at old Trafford, cost us the game, was the difference between the two teams. I struggle to see what we could have done better in either instance, yet both times decisions went against us.

Said as I watched it live he'd get the book thrown at him and sure enough, he will. Hope we appeal and he plays against United as that's probably the game we need him most.

On the matter of 'bias' and us being targeted, there's a simple solution. If the FA are going to continue to make an example of us, we just need to be better and not give them the chance to. It's frustrating but at the end of the day football is now a product they need to sell worldwide. They can't be having the Top 6 missing key players for big games. That's why they turn a blind eye and always will.

I think the bans handed out to the likes of Cantona, Ferdinand, Bosnich, Toure, Suarez, Terry etc kind of disprove the bias theory though.

It was a poor challenge and I think it was a red card. Hopefully Gomes learns from it and it knocks a few quid of his price tag.

I personally think he will stay-but for me he needs to get a bit tougher as hes always pushed off the ball or a bit slow i think at deciding things he wants to do,surely if he like's it at Everton as much as it seem's like,he will be on to Barcelona etc as in the past when you see players enjoying there time at certain teams,the fee seems to lower to what was mentioned in the press,the player signs at the team he enjoys been at, and it does not seem to matter if another team comes in or linked IE spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.