2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan had a decent game vs Cardiff. I thought he was average to poor vs Liverpool. The man refuses to do the basics required of a controlling midfielder. I think it's confidence and I feel for him.

But to even suggest that he is even in the same league as Gomes is the very definition of unbelievable.

Gomes is the very best we can attract at this time. Couple of mates who I watched the game with Sunday said he's arguably too good for us. I mentioned his fluctuating form as a factor which would suggest that isn't true but my God, he's fantastic when in full flow.

We must sign him if are going to actually start progressing.
Obviously Gomes is a better player than Schneiderlin. However, Gomes gives us zero defensive contribution. He's a step slow for the PL. He's not the best we can get in terms of fit.

Morgan is also a step slow and nowhere in Gomes league with the ball. But Silva understandably I'm sure is tired of having to play something other than his preferred system so I actually appreciate what he's doing by playing Schneiderlin. Just wish we had a better DM/CM option period.

Obviously Gomes is a better player than Schneiderlin. However, Gomes gives us zero defensive contribution. He's a step slow for the PL. He's not the best we can get in terms of fit.

Morgan is also a step slow and nowhere in Gomes league with the ball. But Silva understandably I'm sure is tired of having to play something other than his preferred system so I actually appreciate what he's doing by playing Schneiderlin. Just wish we had a better DM/CM option period.
Gomes is definitely not a step slow for the league. He gets caught sometimes because it's his first season in the most frenetic elite league in the world. It's the same as lots of new players to the league.
The rest I agree with.

Absolutely brilliant on the ball.

I don't like him one bit defensively. We'll need to replace Gueye with a proper defensive midfielder in the summer if we're keeping Gomes.

Yeah Schneiderlin is SO much better isn’t he lol
I’ll hav3 some respect for snides when he leaves, atm I don’t want to see him near the team. It’s not very long ago Koeman was playing Gana and Snides and we were awful I can’t see why it would be any different now.

Think he’d be better in a 3 man midfield but we’d need a better holding midfielder to protect the back 4 and it would mean losing siggy ( not a problem for me but could be for silva)

There's a reason Barcelona let him go.....

Clue...it wasn't because they thought they had the next Pirlo on their hands

Status
Not open for further replies.