2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me is that he has a poor injury record in a far less physically demanding league in Spain. I hope I’m wrong, but it makes you wonder how he’ll cope with the intensity of the premier league.

..my concern is they appear to be muscle as opposed to contact injuries. I have a real fear once hamstring tears start happening but hopefully he can get into some type of rhythm here.

..he doesn’t seem popular with Barcelona fans so I doubt there’ll be a clamour for him to go back. As usual, it’ll be about the price.
His time at Barca is definitely done. If he plays well though we could have competition for a permanent deal

His time at Barca is definitely done. If he plays well though we could have competition for a permanent deal
The feeling I get from him is that in this moment of his life he's more worried about finding somewhere he can call a home and being with a manager that values and supports him. The fact that Marco won his heart the first time suggests to me that he'd stay no problem but it's all so far down the line who knows.

If he plays well and we do well and he enjoys it he might be reluctant to move to a "bigger" club again after his Barca nightmare
The feeling I get from him is that in this moment of his life he's more worried about finding somewhere he can call a home and being with a manager that values and supports him. The fact that Marco won his heart the first time suggests to me that he'd stay no problem but it's all so far down the line who knows.
I agree he will have learned from the Barca experience but it could still be a race to sign him if he does well

After the public embarrassment he had almost every time he played a home game, for most of the last two seasons, I am 100% sure he will be relieved to be out of that situation and happy to be here.

My doubt is that he might not fare any better unless he hits the ground running or the team are on the up. I've watched a player that could be as weak and ineffectual as Osman for the last 2 year's and I don't know whether we will get that player or the Valencia player.

My money would still be on him wandering off next summer and not being missed, but I'm hoping it all clicks and he finds his mojo as he seems a nice chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.