2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think siggy and Gomes must only have knocks. If siggy had sprained or damaged ligaments then I do not think he could have carried on. The bad knock could have maybe chipped a bone or just caused swelling so I think the boot was precautionary. Same with Gomes......he was hobbling quite badly for a good 5 minutes and I was concerned but he seemed to run it off and finished the game looking ok. So same as Siggy for me....very sore but the international break will see recovery.

How about this scenario :

He`s enjoying his footy, he likes the manager who put faith in him and the way he plays footy / training, gets on well with his team mates, likes where he is living and is getting paid more than nearly all the Spanish clubs could afford. In others words, he`s happy and settled.

Who`d have thought we`d sign players of the calibre of Bernard and Digne after the dross signed by the axis of destruction Koeman and Walsh ?

In Brands / Silva we trust.
And when we finish 4th, he'll be in with the european elite, and an absolute shoe in for next years poncey male products advert.

Largely because the manager said he can play the role.

How do you know he not suited to it having not been played there for us?
I don't, that's why I said he 'doesn't look particularly suited to it' rather than 'he can't do it'.

Whether he could or not doesn't really change the key point of why we would take him out of the midfield where he's made us look so much better and allowed Gana to flourish, in order to put him in a position there are numerous other options for.

I don't, that's why I said he 'doesn't look particularly suited to it' rather than 'he can't do it'.

Whether he could or not doesn't really change the key point of why we would take him out of the midfield where he's made us look so much better and allowed Gana to flourish, in order to put him in a position there are numerous other options for.

Yep its a fair point. Its fear or adventure really.

Why not, he could be good there, hes clearly creative has vision and technique, perhaps he could be more effective further up the field like Arteta was. To my mind against teams like Cardiff you want your most creative players further up the field.

Im not so sure hes as one dimensional as you say.

All about opinions of course.

Yep its a fair point. Its fear or adventure really.

Why not, he could be good there, hes clearly creative has vision and technique, perhaps he could be more effective further up the field like Arteta was. To my mind against teams like Cardiff you want your most creative players further up the field.

Im not so sure hes as one dimensional as you say.

All about opinions of course.
Who said he was one dimensional?!

All i'm saying is he's done a fantastic job in the middle - in my opinion the most important position on the pitch - and disrupting the whole balance of the side in order to move him further forward seems an unnecessary move to me. He's currently the one giving the players further forward the platform to produce and dictating the tempo of games, i'm sure he could do a decent job at 10, but I don't think it's what he's really suited to, and it would leave us going back to a midfield who never get a proper foothold because nobody can put their foot on the ball and dominate.

Who said he was one dimensional?!

All i'm saying is he's done a fantastic job in the middle - in my opinion the most important position on the pitch - and disrupting the whole balance of the side in order to move him further forward seems an unnecessary move to me. He's currently the one giving the players further forward the platform to produce and dictating the tempo of games, i'm sure he could do a decent job at 10, but I don't think it's what he's really suited to, and it would leave us going back to a midfield who never get a proper foothold because nobody can put their foot on the ball and dominate.

Ah i get you, i just disagree is all.

Personally i think Cardiff will sit with two deep banks of four and ask to be broke down, the replacements Bernard and or Lookman in at 10. I think could be physically dominated or lack the expierence in Ade's case.

Im assuming possession or controlling midfield will be our problem, its a break down operation.

Gomes, is the man for me.

Im not sure it has to be all or nothing. Similarly with Gylfi, he drops back to make it a 3 in midfield when needed, but is the more advanced and creative when we are offensive moving to 10. Id give Gomez that licence and Gylfi role to be honest, flanked by McCarthy and Idrissa. He has the skill set and physical presence to be effective in this particular game in my opinion.

Hopefully Gylfi is fit, nothing to do with bringing him into my FPL team last week! ;)

ay, reckon we'll ever in our lifetime have a fully fit squad for the derby? always someone big out injured ( mostly always coleman don't ever remember him playing an anfield derby )

I dunno if it's just a knock with him. He's only just got back into their squad, surely he wouldn't pull out straight away again? He'd want to get back in the Portugal XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.