An open forum with Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want any input into how the club is managed; all I want is an honest explanation from the manager when things go wrong, as to what actually went wrong.

None of this "we were incredible" bollocks.

The only question he needs asking is where he misplaced his nerve.

Does walking through the door at Everton mean eventually your boldness evaporates and you become conservative in your decision making.

This feller is unrecognisable from last season. Why is he so risk averse now?

A designated representative from this board, furnished with sensible questions as determined by a board thread, would have as valid an input as any journo would at a press conference. Is a supporters message board really so different from a newspaper website?
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a press conference for the purpose of asking questions and not for providing input to the manager ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a press conference for the purpose of asking questions and not for providing input to the manager ?

It is, but the direction of the thread (or at least the post I was responding to) was about discussion and feedback with the manager.

If I made myself unclear in my OP then apologies, the intention was meant to be a way to engage and discuss with the manager, not try to tell him exactly what he needs to do, and demand him to carry out these orders.

I would ask him why does he think a corner or crossed free kick is not a great way to score.

It's all very well trying to score the perfect goal but our dead ball deliveries (and people attacking them) are pathetic.

A goal...is a goal.

Same. Last season we won many games via direct free kicks. With Baines, Mirallas and Barkley all were deadly last season.
Against City we had a succession of corners at the end and I knew we would do nothing with them.
Set pieces are a massive part of the game.

Id say hes pretty open with us, compared to others around the league and gollum before him he gives us as much imformation as he can.

And he usually does that sit down twice a year with the lads from all the forums were they get the info we want.

Id say hes pretty open with us, compared to others around the league and gollum before him he gives us as much imformation as he can.

And he usually does that sit down twice a year with the lads from all the forums were they get the info we want.

Yes, that is true. Fair play for that.

The only question he needs asking is where he misplaced his nerve.

Does walking through the door at Everton mean eventually your boldness evaporates and you become conservative in your decision making.

This feller is unrecognisable from last season. Why is he so risk averse now?

I would say the answer to that is the shocking amount if goals we conceded in the first half dozen games, Dave.

He became noticeably more pragmatic fron Anfield onwards and he is now overly so.

We've shown repeatedly that we can't have nice things.

It would start off all dead nice and amicable but before too long someone would be asking Roberto about preferred fingering techniques and then we've ruined it again.

Just leave him to it.

We've shown repeatedly that we can't have nice things.

It would start off all dead nice and amicable but before too long someone would be asking Roberto about preferred fingering techniques and then we've ruined it again.

Just leave him to it.
We'd not be doing ourselves justice if we didn't ask his views on pineapples on pizza - but yes, someone would then probably just start shouting FHL from the back of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.