An open forum with Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've shown repeatedly that we can't have nice things.

It would start off all dead nice and amicable but before too long someone would be asking Roberto about preferred fingering techniques and then we've ruined it again.

Just leave him to it.

I trust his managerial prowess enough to not bother with football related questions.

Fingering techniques, however, is an important question that needs an answer.

Chico in.

The only question he needs asking is where he misplaced his nerve.

Does walking through the door at Everton mean eventually your boldness evaporates and you become conservative in your decision making.

This feller is unrecognisable from last season. Why is he so risk averse now?
Agree.

I still like the fella, but I have to say, he's reverting to Moyes' style subs and sub timings. That's frustrating thee, it is.

I would ask him, why have we gone from being a threat on both wings to not being a threat on either,and why do we not do corners anymore.

I would say the answer to that is the shocking amount if goals we conceded in the first half dozen games, Dave.

He became noticeably more pragmatic fron Anfield onwards and he is now overly so.
Yes, the form of the CBs was shocking and he had to act (a situation, though, caused by his own hesitancy in the summer to start replacing/phasing out Distin and Jagielka). Once that settled down a bit though he was still being conservative in his team selections (going with the old guard again of Hibbert and Osman instead of bringing in the likes of Browning and Garbutt), fudging the issue of Barkley over Naismith and playing both to pacify the situation, and still making nonsense substitutions.

He's a shadow of himself.

Agree.

I still like the fella, but I have to say, he's reverting to Moyes' style subs and sub timings. That's frustrating thee, it is.

I suspect if we get a convincing spell of three or four wins on the bounce he'll start rolling the dice again a bit more.

It's painful to watch his decision making at the moment. I'm embarrassed for him, because I think he's a very good manager and he's struggling to get back on track.

For all the "Sin miedo" guff, part of his mental makeup has got to be the relegation he endured with Wigan. Perhaps he saw something at the start of the season which brought back subconscious memories and fears.

Moyes often the last person in goodison to see things tactically, due to a tireless attitude towards most things he could still run a club very well. That being said im sure good managers will be opento other points of view, not in a scattergun manner from a fans forum but in other ways, a poor manager in most walks of life lives in a bubble where outside thinking is never considered, of course even top managers are victims of their own bias to certain situations

......the Manager is a professional who is paid because of his expertise and ability to make the right decisions. He should not be micro-challenged by fans on specific selection or substitutions. Questions would be heated and contradictory because we all have different opinions. There is no right and wrong. He is judged and accountable on results.

Yep - we think we know what we're on about, when in reality most of us are clueless.

You lot might be.
I on the other hand have been right about Leon Toshman for years
zmm8oXO.png

......the Manager is a professional who is paid because of his expertise and ability to make the right decisions. He should not be micro-challenged by fans on specific selection or substitutions. Questions would be heated and contradictory because we all have different opinions. There is no right and wrong. He is judged and accountable on results.

There's a right and wrong when it comes to the bleeding obvious. A manager holds badges - he isn't an ordained priest. If he can't sort out corners, for a clear example, it isn't outrageous to take him to task.

Way too many fans prepared to genuflect rather than to question. And that comes from someone who is prepared to give the bloke lots of leeway.

In that case, why was Barry left on vs City? Would you not like the chance to discuss that candidly with the boss?

The fans get a birds-eye view of the game. The manager has to watch every game from the touchline. Do you not thing this perspective offers fans a chance to see something the manager does not?

The fans will pick up on different players' good and bad points. The manager does not get the chance to monitor all 11 players continually throughout the game. Do you not think this collective feedback might be of use to the manager?

It does not have to be a scathing attack on the manager, merely a chance to say how it is seen from the stands.
mgeady for hibbert once aguero departed

Status
Not open for further replies.